Kubota D1005 3-cylinder diesel, direct drive 1800 RPM generator project

Started by Henry W, February 19, 2011, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

The only filters I had for My D905 was a case of OEM filters and every one I used did the same thing your engine is doing. I used 15-40 oil in that engine.

I think the manual states to use 10-30. Could of Kubota given me wrong info stating that 15-40 is ok to run? This is a good question to ask someone.

I just picked up Shell Rotella T 10-30 oil for the EA330.

I wonder if you should try the 10-30 oil with a new filter first and see if this corrects this issue.

Henry

Henry W

Did the monthly test run and everything is fine. Used lots of hot water and let the genset bring the water heater up to temp. One range top was on also. Took about 40 minutes for hot water to reach temp.

Around 7000 watt load frequency stayed at 60.25 hertz.

No load frequency is at 62.70 hertz. I'll leave the governor alone.

AVR works fine. No further adjustments needed.

Henry

Henry W

piperpilot3tk

Henry, I have been busy doing the annual inspection on the PA28-180.  I did look at the Wix specifications for the two listed filters and found that the bypass valve setting for the long filter I have installed (P/N 51344) is 8-11 PSI.  The bypass setting for the short filter (P/N 51064) is 16 PSI.   I picked up some 10W-30 Rotella T5 and a Wix 51064.  I ran the engine under load for about 20 minutes to warm the oil before I changed it and the filter never bypassed so I did not change the oli and filter.  Since I have been busy and I have not run the engine again I left it as is for now.  I should be able to get back at it in a few more days.

Henry W

I noticed the differance on bypass pressure on those filters over a month ago. What should do is get in touch with bobcat and see what filter this engine calls for. The origional filter sure is the same size as the Wix 51344. But what pressure is the bypass? I still have the origional filter but it is painted blue.

The weather is cooling down some here and in about another month I will be switching to 10-30.

Henry

Lloyd

hey Henry,

Go to Baldwin filters web site do a filter look up for the bobcat, then you can get a cross reference for all filter manufactures from the same site.

I only use Baldwin Filters....

lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

Henry W

Thanks Lloyd,

I will check it out.

Henry W

Well that did not take long. :)

Wix 51344 crosses to a Baldwin B161-S.

Descriptions:  Full-Flow Lube Spin-on  

Contains:  Anti-Drainback Valve and 20 PSID By-Pass Valve  

Fits:  Acura, Ford, Honda, Mazda Automotive; Kubota Engines
Replaces:  Ford D87Z-6731-A; Mazda 8173-23-802  

Thread:  M20 x 1.5

O.D.:  3 1/32 (77.0)  

Length:  4 1/16 (103.2)

I. Gskt.:  G481  

UPC:  7 91440 00205 0

Thanks again Lloyd,

Henry

Henry W

The Baldwin B161-S filter must be a popular filter. The truck, fleet parts supplier have 19 in stock at $6.30 each.

Henry

LincTex

Quote from: hwew on October 06, 2011, 05:01:18 AM
Wix 51344 crosses to a Baldwin B161-S.
Descriptions:  Full-Flow Lube Spin-on  
Fits:  Acura, Ford, Honda, Mazda Automotive; Kubota Engines
Thread:  M20 x 1.5

Good Info! I am switching to these for my Yanmar YM2000, My John Deere 850(Yanmar) and my Honda powered Generator  :)
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

Henry W

Just did the monthly load test and I am very pleased how the unit performs. The unit loves running loaded at 7Kw. The surge capacity is more than I would of ever expected from a unit this size. No problems running both elements on the hot water heater, running large range top element, starting well pump and running lights, computers and TV's all at once. The Marathon head stays cool during these tests.

I am hoping to finish mounting the unit properly on the trailer in the spring.

Henry

Henry W

Just compleated another test run on the genset and I managed to trip the breaker. The genset had more to go before reaching its max limit. I feel confident that this setup will give reliable service when needed. I have to get some 10-30 diesel oil and give it an oil change for the cooler weather.

Henry

Henry W

I fired up the Geneset Sunday when it was 28 deg. out. No problems starting. I let it warm up for 5 minutes before a load was applied and everything is fine.

Henry

Henry W

Fired it up Wednesday morning when it was 17 deg. F and it fired up with no problems. It might get a few deg. colder but that is about it here. So I would say I am ok.

Henry

Henry W

Lost power about 2-1/2 hours ago.

The generator is running and it is doing fine.

Items running:

Heat Pump (I disabled the Aux. heat unit just in case)

One large range top

Appliances as needed

Electric water heater

Well pump

Lights as needed

Large TV

Two PC's

One Lap Top

Having people driving by and stopping to look.

Neighbors kids are over having a blast with my daughter.

Life is good. :)

Henry