News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

I'm not Robinson Crusoe

Started by KeithO, February 17, 2011, 03:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithO

After doing some cleaning up with my 4 inch angle grinder and wire cup brush  I can't find its flange nut,
I'm sure I put it somewhere safe.
So I next time I'm in town I go down To the local engineering shop to get one.
After a search the guy behind the counter can't find one but says he will get some in .

Its odd he says, we've had a run on these things ,people are using wire cup brushes and losing them,,,,,, :-[

At least I'm not alone

playdiesel

That's why I pitched that set up and pay the extra few cents for this type wheel.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

Apogee

I would suggest keeping a closer eye on your nuts.

You never know when you might them....

;D

AdeV

I've found that, as I grow older, larger & larger items become ambulatory. For example, yesterday I put down a 1.25" AF spanner - that's no small thing - turned my back for 10 seconds, and it was gone! Gone, I tell you. It took 5 minutes of hunting before I found it exactly where I left the damn thing in the first place. Spanners, hammers, brushes, lathe tools, tins of grease, polish, ratchet handles, extension bars... all of them are growing legs & walking about the place.

As for nuts (and bolts, o-rings, olives, pipe elbows, screwdrivers, screws, washers...... just don't go there).
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Crofter

AdeV, we are getting to the age where we can hide our own easter eggs and still have fun finding them!
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

rl71459

My favorite one is...

I search and search for the wrench I have been using... Can't find the SOB anywhere! Give up... go back to the Tool Box and get a different one to complete what I'm doing... Finish Up the job... Then slip the replacement wrench in my pocket only to find the first one in there! DOH  :-[

Rob

quinnf

The one I hate is when I'm looking for my glasses.  Search all around the place.  Pat my pockets, look in the car, the pickup, next to the telephone.  Then reach up to scratch my head in bewilderment, and there they are!

q.

LowGear

Too bad you don't have a Friday person to blame.  Personal responsibility sucks.

Casey

vdubnut62

My Mom-in-Law always said that my stuff crawled off into the weeds with a roll of toilet paper. :o
Wonder what she meant by that? ::)
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

LowGear

Hi Ron,

I wrote one of my wittier responses to your question but decided that sometimes silence is the best choice.  Won't it be special when mom moves in?

Casey

JohnF

George Carlin had a skit where he said everything you lose goes to a room somewhere - the only trick is finding the room, 'cause it's always moving.  Me, I have about 20 measuring tapes - guess why!!!!!
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

mobile_bob

my problem is "chalk lines"  the little wind up string line jobbies

i bet i have bought 50 of those things over the years, and they simply vanish into thin air

many years ago, my old daughters school had a rummage sale to raise money for some odd thing

at the auction someone donated a box of socks, no two were alike, all colors imaginable.
i think they wanted 10cent each

one old dude came upon the box and started screaming like he had just won the lottery, and bought the whole box
proclaiming that now he knew where all his single socks had run off too!

he was going home to match them up

it was funnier than hell, mainly because everyone over about 10 can relate to the mystery of the missing sock thing.

bob g

LowGear

Just so you know and can take solace.  The ^$*#@)@&-$&(A@&ing socks sneak out through the automatic washer.  They think they're free of stinky feet until they hit the septic tank or the 8" sewer main.

The tapes - Well if they ain't puky pink or yukky yellow they are not going into my shopping cart!  Death to all black tools.  You don't look cool stumbling around looking for lost stuff.  I wonder when WIFI beacons will be tiny and affordable?  Anyone want an Iphone App that locates your tools?

Casey

slowspeed

Ok
Soooo I was sure that someone had taken my Temp gage
Went to HF got a new one. about 2 months went by .Yesterday as I was looking in my little travel  cooler ,the kind you plug in the cigarette lighter and gets cold by way of a peltier cooling plate,that was sitting on the floor by my battery bank .I found my old temp gage inside and two cans of Coke.Well I need to stop thinking that I have been robed and just sit and wate ,It will turn up some day!
Cheers Jeff
Working with Witte 15/1,WVO Lister 12/2 with 25kw Gen head,Gasifier,Sterling Engine,Solar,Hydrogen,300sd Benz on WVO,Dodge Truck on WVO

cgwymp

Quote from: slowspeed on February 17, 2011, 06:39:53 PM

Ok
Soooo I was sure that someone had taken my Temp gage
Went to HF got a new one. about 2 months went by .Yesterday as I was looking in my little travel  cooler ,the kind you plug in the cigarette lighter and gets cold by way of a peltier cooling plate,that was sitting on the floor by my battery bank .I found my old temp gage inside and two cans of Coke.Well I need to stop thinking that I have been robed and just sit and wate ,It will turn up some day!
Cheers Jeff

I've always believed the surest way of finding a lost item is to buy a replacement for it. The original will always turn up shortly after!
Listeroid 8/1