News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Looks like...

Started by AdeV, February 15, 2011, 01:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowspeedlife

Bob's a communist  ??? ??? Not possible!! you're not even in the government  :o ;D ;)

Scott
Old Iron For A New Age

BioHazard

Quote from: AdeV on February 15, 2011, 01:46:58 PM
UPDATE: I've spoken to Spencer, he'd like to point out that the wear is only really the bore & rings - both of which are basically service items - the rest of the setup is fine (and I've no reason to doubt him).

That's funny, because he was pretty insistant here that the engine was ruined and not worth rebuilding. Turns out it runs so well you don't even need to mention it... ::)
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

Bottleveg

In fairness there aren't that many ebay UK sellers that tell you 'as it is'.
The latest golden quote I had was "excellent compression". The compression was that good that the flywheels wouldn't move backwards or forwards!  ;)

Crofter

Nothing in the add. copy that says anything about engine condition, just that the Start O Matic system is completely functional. It does state No Returns.

After all the whoopla on several unconnected threads about his great concern for duty to advise and protect the innocent it does seem a bit ironical. Without knowing though, how he describes things to a caller on the phone or in person I guess we guess!  :-\

Caveat Emptor
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

Carlb

Here is a cut and past from an email question I sent him about the fuel he used in this engine, but, he never said what he ran only what can be run and he never mentioned WMO

Dear hotrod3737,

Hi,
You can run it on what you want, but diesel ,veg or bio are all good.
Veg oil if you can get it and then your sorted for power for life.
Cheers

- mspencer1885 Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: mspencer1885
Subject: Details about the item: hotrod3737 sent a message about Lister CS Generator #260737573083
Sent Date: 16-Feb-11 19:36:56 GMT

Dear mspencer1885,

what was the fuel used in this engine Diesel, WVO, WMO or some combination of the above?

Thanks

Carl

My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

Ronmar

Sounds like he avoided the question...
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

Carlb

My Projects

AdeV

IMHO....

....for £850 quid, it's actually not a bad deal. You get all the original Lister kit, plus those batteries, which should offset the cost by a £100 or so when you re-sell them.

Also, you've got a fair idea of what needs to be done to the engine - rings & bore at least, possibly piston & valves, maybe (but unlikely) a replacement head & injector. None of this stuff will break the bank, but it does make £850 fairly close to its maximum value (IMHO...). If it reached £1k, I'd regard it as well overpriced.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

lowspeedlife

it hasn't reached anything yet. still no bids with 2 days & 21 hours left.

Scott
Old Iron For A New Age

vdubnut62

Damn, I really hate that.
Little Peckerhead, calling my friend Bob a commie, he's not even remotely related to the Prez ::)
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Carlb

Quote from: AdeV on February 17, 2011, 12:58:45 PM
IMHO....

....for £850 quid, it's actually not a bad deal. You get all the original Lister kit, plus those batteries, which should offset the cost by a £100 or so when you re-sell them.

Also, you've got a fair idea of what needs to be done to the engine - rings & bore at least, possibly piston & valves, maybe (but unlikely) a replacement head & injector. None of this stuff will break the bank, but it does make £850 fairly close to its maximum value (IMHO...). If it reached £1k, I'd regard it as well overpriced.

While it may not be a bad price when all is said and done, the fact that he has omitted the fact that he is aware that the engine is worn out and is being dishonest is a disgrace

My Projects

deeiche

rm /

cognos

I don't know about you, but I'd be very wary of buying any engine that had been used to drive a cyrkularki. Hard, strange service, indeed.

Crofter

AdeV, I think I remember hearing about ring land wear too, so definitely a piston as well. As for those batteries being designed to last for many years, we must remember that we have no idea how many years they already may have been lasting!
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

deeiche

rm /