we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

NEW MEMBERS IDEAS

Started by DRDEATH, February 13, 2011, 01:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deeiche

rm /

BigGreen

LLF Wrote >> "But, when I came across the Lister, as most of you here, I became fascinated, it was like apiece of working art, it was an awesome machine, I became addicted to it, I watched many utube videos of it. I became obssessed with it,"

They are like crack arn't they. I can't get enough of it and the discussion of it. My name is Dave and I'm addicted to Lister. The fascination is what has kept me here and other sites for quite some time now.

I am not without guilt as well. LLF asked our opinion and I provided mine. I hope the one thing he takes away from this is not to broadcast illegal intents on a public forum.

DD - Now you see why I lurk from under my rock  :(

Dave

BioHazard

Quote from: cognos on February 14, 2011, 10:34:41 AM
It's kinda like wanting a Ferrari. If you've got the money, and just go out and buy one without knowing the frequency and costs of maintainance, and the "reliability", you may be in for a surpise...

But after you've done all the research, you may find a Ford Fiesta is a more realistic choice for a daily driver. (jeez, do ya think? ;D)

If you still want the Ferrari, great, that's a personal choice, and you're now making an informed decision.
Ain't that the truth! When I was 17 I found myself with some extra cash so one day out of the blue I decided I wanted a speed boat. At the time, my mindset for maintainence and fuel was more along the lines of what my old go kart used. Boy was that a kick in the head! I should have gotten a canoe! ::)
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

Apogee

With LLF's permission, why not just have admin restore the thread?

Useful info should be saved for reference imho.  I was also watching the thread with interest as the pricing info was useful.

Other forums I belong to only allow one to delete a post for 30 minutes or so after posting for exactly the reason we've run into here.

Some only allow modifying for a fixed time as well.  I disagree with that and prefer to be able to edit whenever I have the chance.

Food for thought.

Steve

AdeV

Question sent, if permission is given I'll dig it out.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

LLF

ADev, you have my permission, especially if there is anything there that can help someone. This was my origional and main intention in posting the info the first time. Thank you. LLF

AdeV

Thanks! I did read the PM, but I've been flat out busy with work & other stuff, and haven't got a round tuit yet...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

AdeV

Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5