News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

new tier 5 diesel engine

Started by mobile_bob, February 06, 2011, 10:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

Ronmar

The Polar Sea and Polar Star used to start the same way:). Whoever had duty the night before we got underway from downtown Seattle had to have lightoffs done before first light to avoid such a noticeable spectacle with 6 main diesel engines and 3 ships service generators...
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

Apogee

Quote from: mobile_bob on February 06, 2011, 10:49:00 PM
this ought to make the epa sit up and take notice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOj6gPwkiXg&feature=related

;)

bob g

The irony is that the trains are likely exempt.  As are the power station turbines, etc...

I wonder how many Lister or Changfa stationary engine starts that one train start equals???

Yet, now we need catalyst on lawnmowers and model airplane engines...

Bunch of hypocrites!

Steve

mobile_bob

the way i see it, that train engine starting one time probably puts out more crap than my changfa would in a year of operation
in my application

bob g

BioHazard

Quote from: Apogee on February 07, 2011, 12:16:58 AM
Yet, now we need catalyst on lawnmowers and model airplane engines...

Bunch of hypocrites!

Hypocrites isn't quite the word I normally use for them. This kind of stuff only proves their stupidity in attacking small engines while ignoring the root of the problem. I would be willing to bet a lot of the people that come up with the stupid standards we're supposed to follow, don't actually know how to run an engine themselves. Kinda like anti-gunners who know nothing about guns and tell you how evil your "assault revolver" is...

It always helps me calm down to go out and fire up my old 2 stroke inline 6 and disappear into a cloud of oily smoke... 8)
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

injin man

Bicycles are way more dangerous thanListeroids or Changfaz. OOPS,
they may now require you to wear a helmet while watching Lister
videos on YouTube.

Westcliffe01

2015 is the end of the line for that kind of stuff, even for the railroads...
Bought 36 acres in Custer County Colorado.  Now to build the retirement home/shop

veggie

A pilot friend of mine told me his Jet burns 22,000 liters of jet fuel (kero) each flight between Calgary and Vancouver (3 return flights a day).
No tier-4 combustion with those engines.
Straight from the combustion chambers into the atmosphere at 40,000 ft.
Multiply that times 7000 flights per day in north America and you get 154 million liters per day of kerosene up in smoke. EVERY DAY !

Oh.....don't forget the massive contribution by  Listeroids and Changfa's.
One Jet flight burns more fuel than all the listeroids and Changfas in North America would burn over many months (maybe even a year).
Better STOP those single cylinder engines NOW ! they are polluting the atmosphere !   >:(

veggie

rcavictim

Veggie,

You might have just identified the problem.  Is it possible that the airline industry is afraid that tens of millions of people in the USA will buy Listeroids and make their own home made aircraft powered by these engines, thus stealing business from the airlines.  Since it is a known fact that the parasites in office don't even bother reading the bills that they vote into law, such an idea could have indeed become the reason for a law.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

vdubnut62

Now that I think about it, a few years ago I ran to Memphis TN. every night and our terminal was very close to the FedEx air hub.
I would be there 30-45 minutes or so, and with all the planes taking off over my head, I had an asthma attack almost every visit.
I'm already on an Advair inhaler, if it hadn't been for an albuterol emergency inhaler, I would have been toast.
Makes me wonder......
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

veggie

Quote from: rcavictim on February 10, 2011, 09:12:04 AM
Veggie,

You might have just identified the problem.  Is it possible that the airline industry is afraid that tens of millions of people in the USA will buy Listeroids and make their own home made aircraft powered by these engines, thus stealing business from the airlines.  Since it is a known fact that the parasites in office don't even bother reading the bills that they vote into law, such an idea could have indeed become the reason for a law.

Just a rumor.....but I heard Boing took a listeroid 20/2 into their R&D department in order to copy it into a lightweight aluminum version for aviation use. They were able to reduce the weight from 1800 lbs to only 1400 lbs. ! It can spin a 15 ft. diameter propeller at 1000 rpm. Perfect for a small aircraft.
The only other adjustment needed was to install heavier springs in the lengthened landing gear.   ::)
They call it an "ultra-lite".

veggie

sailawayrb

Nope, that rumor is not true and the company name is spelled Boeing...

We, like the entire airline industry, are working to go "green":

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/boeingaerospace/2003858756_boeingenergy30.html

Bob B.

vdubnut62

I liked the Boing company better. ;D
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

deeiche

rm /

veggie

Quote from: sailawayrb on February 10, 2011, 11:39:51 AM
Nope, that rumor is not true and the company name is spelled Boeing...
Bob B.

Now really sailawayrb,  did you honestly think that was a real rumor that needed to be corrected ?
As for the spelling mistake....a simple typo.

veggie