rm /

sailawayrb

Sounds more like you really need a 90% efficient masonry heater  :D

http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=1555.30

Bob B.

deeiche

rm /

BioHazard

My power went out today for the first time since I moved into this house 10 years ago! It was only for about an hour, and the power company notified me before hand. 'bout 60 outside. I thought about firing up the little 2 stroke generator but by the time I mixed some gas the power was back on.... ;D
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

rl71459

Bio

Thats a bummer that your power is so reliable.  :(  How do you keep your genny's limbered up?

Maybe a big storm will take out some transformer's so you can have a little fun  ;)

Rob

BioHazard

Quote from: rl71459 on February 04, 2011, 07:45:33 PM
Bio

Thats a bummer that your power is so reliable.  :(  How do you keep your genny's limbered up?

Maybe a big storm will take out some transformer's so you can have a little fun  ;)

Rob

I don't know, they're pretty good here. Almost too good.  >:( Seems like nearly all of the local power lines have been moved underground, so it takes a lot to knock it out. Leaving a notice on my door 3 days before the outage takes all the fun out of it.  :'( Sometimes I'm tempted to go flip the main breaker when nobody is looking....

I remember when it used to go out for days. That would be like a major catastrophe today. Still waiting for the gas to go out for the first time so I can justify CNG storage... ;D
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?