News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Laidong Diesel?

Started by BigGreen, February 02, 2011, 06:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGreen

Anyone know about or have any history with this engine?

http://www.emergencypower.com/tag/laidong/

Thanks
Dave

Henry W

I heard they are a good engine for the money. But do you need an engine that large?

Henry

BigGreen

This will give me 9kw at 1800 rpm. I require 6kw at a minimum. I'm looking for a lighter alternative and I do not like nor trust the cheap 6kw air cooled, 3600 rpm chinese diesel units out there.

Dave

Henry W

9Kw is a very conservitave load.

That engine will turn a 12Kw generator head intermitant with no problem. Put an oil cooler on it and I think it should run a bit longer longer with a 12Kw load.

Henry

mobile_bob

because this type of engine is more complex than the single cylinder changfa types, my thinking is the build quality
ought to be better, its not the sort of thing you can get just any kid to assemble and have it work at all.

i have heard good things about them,  and would like to hear more first hand about one.
they certainly look like a well engineered engine.

bob g

mobile_bob

one of these 3 cyl engines coupled to a single brg genhead would go a long way toward a nice clean KISS genset
no belts or pulleys, tensioners or guards.

simple 3 point resilient mount, and your almost done. 

i have heard  that some of these are even epa compliant

probably take up less sq/ft too

bob g

BioHazard

Quote from: mobile_bob on February 02, 2011, 11:25:16 PM
i have heard  that some of these are even epa compliant
They are tier IV EPA approved. But who sells 'em?

Quote from: hwew on February 02, 2011, 07:10:07 PM
But do you need an engine that large?
Do you really have to ask?! That's like too much money, too fast of a car, too much sex, too big of a.......

Looks very kubota-ish without the price tag.
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

BigGreen

Thinking of mounting this on a small trailer. it weighs 1000 lbs

http://www.emergencypower.com/standby-generators/12-kw-diesel-generator/
$4500 +?
I don't need nor want the enclosure.

This leads us to the gen head. Any comments on this?
http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/manufacturers/400462/main/Dingol_Altnernator_CO_ltd.html

Thanks
Dave

billswan

Well maybe the group could import a bunch of them and get a discount off the 4500$.

I looked through the parts list and would like to know when parts are needed what say an injector pump would cost "KM385D-10100-3Q118FT    Injection pump assy"

And the sleeves and such when wmo kills it ;D ;D

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

BigGreen

Good question, and all this will be X3.
I will inquire on pump, liner and rings and let you know

Startomatic

Laidong is base in Shandong, the Chinese city synonymous with diesel engine. Laidong stand out as it is Chinese military owned.

the 3 cylinder unit shown is base on Yanmar 3TN series. this is a proven early 70 design.

here you can see the 4 cylinder blocks from the Laidong casting shop.

JohnF

I'm talking to my contact in China who has recommended the Laidong engine.  He has been to the factory and is impressed with the build quality.  Yes, they are a supplier to the Chinese military and Q.C. is a high priority.  I'm probably going to bring in some single cylinder 20hp engines, slowed down to 1800 rpm they will likely give 12-15hp.
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

deeiche

rm /

Henry W

Guys,

I been holding off on purpose here and wanted to get the facts straight before I posted.

Tom Osborne of Central Georgia Generator has partnershipped with another person and they import these EPA approved engines.

Right now he has (two) 4L22D 4 cylinder engines in stock that has a 24 volt starting system on them and will give a good deal on them since they have a 24 volt starting system.

He has another shipment of (2) KM385 3 cylinder engines and (2) 4L22D 4 cylinder engines with twelve volt starting system that just came in and are waiting to be released as we speak. They should be available for purchase in about two weeks.

He is supplying parts for these engines also.

If he happens to run out of these engines he said it is about 8 weeks turn around to get the engines in stock.

Tom is well equipped in supplying these engines and parts here in the U.S. He can also sell a complete custom built open frame gen-set with your choice of one of the generator heads he sells.

If you want more info or pictures of these engines please PM me.

Henry

Henry W

Hi Jens,

Tom will have the price on the engines figured out once he has them in his possesion. The usual customs, port costs ect-ect. I guess all the stuff that we don't like.

Henry