News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Welding a broken flywheel

Started by cgwymp, January 30, 2011, 07:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgwymp

How to weld a broken flywheel, ca. 1920:
http://books.google.com/books?id=iLvmAAAAMAAJ&dq=editions%3A97HmAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA5#v=onepage&q&f=false

Ran across this article and had fun reading it. Lots of interesting articles and ads in these old machinists' magazines!
Listeroid 8/1

Wizard

I cannot read the book on this flywheel welding.

Cheers, Wizard

squarebob

GM90 6/1, 7.5 ST head, 150 Amp 24V Leece Neville, Delco 10si
Petter AA1 3.5 HP, 75 Amp 24V Leece Neville
2012 VW Sportwagen TDI, Average 39.1 MPG

AdeV

Quote from: Wizard on January 30, 2011, 12:06:02 PM
I cannot read the book on this flywheel welding.

I can't see it either - I think you have to be in the US to view it (something to do with google's licensing).

I use a proxy service called Hotspot Shield, which gives me a US IP address, and allows me to view Google books :)
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

cgwymp

It's public domain in the US (and so I'd the think worldwide, since the US seems to have the most effed-up copyright laws) so Google is doing you a disservice.

I suppose I could print it as a PDF and upload here if anyone is really interested. I don't it would be a practical article for anyone (who is going to trust a welded-up cast iron flywheel?) but it's fun just as a goof -- I love old technical articles like this one....

If you think I should upload it, let me know!
Listeroid 8/1

Tom Reed

Kind of difficult to find the asbestos paper that method calls out for. I wonder what liability insurance for that shop would cost today.  :-\
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom