billswan's 10/1 dies, funeral services pending

Started by billswan, January 19, 2011, 06:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billswan

Guys

Well today less than 2 hours ago I fear I must report my 10/1 suffered a heart attack.

Well actually it was a camshaft failure. :o :o

Pending autopsy is thought will reveal excessive injector (pressures brought on by it's owner's feeble minded attempts to get the damn thing to better burn WMO) caused the end of the camshaft that the injector lobe is pinned to to snap off. >:(

Oh well at least it made it to 1775 hours burning WMO.......................

Please no flowers just send memorials.  ;D ;D

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

bschwartz

- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

billswan

Wizard

What?  No plans to rebuild and bend the ear to quit fussing with injector pressure?

Cheers, Wizard

mike90045

What's up with the plan that someone was getting new camshafts built ?

deeiche

rm /

mobile_bob

hey its just a listeroid, just whittle out a new camshaft from an old broom handle!

(ducking for cover now)

:)

bob g

vdubnut62

Get you a piece 'a drill rod in the right size and degree everything in and taper pin the lobes in place.
That ain't no hill for a climber!
It ain't dead, just in a temporary coma.
I have a piece of drill rod that's been doing oil pump drive shaft duty in an old International tractor for 20 years.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

billswan

Well guys

http://listerenginegallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=426&g2_page=4

Looks like the shaft broke right in the tapered pin hole. Never happened before HA HA. :'( :'(

The tapered pin is broke also but does not show in pix.

Cmd has camshaft plus the 3 followers for about 100$ shipping included. At least the web site shows it I have not called. To bad they don't have any rings at least that is what they said when I got spare injectors a month ago.

Billswan

bschwartz

Let's see......
whittle one from a broomstick,
use a drill rod,
or.... heck why not order one for $100

OK, now if it were a changfahickamadoohey, you could call china....  :D :D

I'll stick with my vertical thumper thanks  ;D

Bill, if CMD is out of cams for now, and a 6/1 cam will work, I have a spare I could ship you if you are in a bind.
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

DRDEATH

Bill contact Gary @ Diesel Electric. He states he carries a full line of any part you could ever want. I can't think of the web site but someone on the forum will know. Mike
As long as Breast Cancer Kills, I will support the battle. Please help support your local chapters.

billswan

Well guys my inclination is to let the 10/1 stay in it's self induced coma.

I also own a 16/1 Metro that has never been run, suppose it might be time to dust it off and see how WMO runs in a direct injected critter.

Thanks for the cam offer Bschwartz but if I repair the 10/1 it will need at least rings and probably sleeve and piston too. Turns out WMO is quite abrasive at high concentrations.

Bschwartz is the cam you got from CMD and what is the quality like?

DRDeath I have traded 2 emails with Gary today not on cams but looking for piston and rings and sleeve. The 10/1 's are odd buggers and he has no parts like I need. 6/1 and 8/1 pistons are smaller than 10/1 parts.

Billswan

mobile_bob

get out the "malleable" camshaft rod and weld 'er up!

lmao

(ducking and running as fast as i can hobble away)

:)

btw, i don't know that i have ever heard of a camshaft breaking in a changfa?

bob g

DRDEATH

Well good luck Bill. I suppose the 16/1 will get to play now. Hope everything works out. Mike
As long as Breast Cancer Kills, I will support the battle. Please help support your local chapters.