News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

omg, is this guy for real?

Started by mobile_bob, January 10, 2011, 09:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Reed

Perhaps he's added in the cost of epa compliance?  ::)
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

BioHazard

According to his EPA link...
QuoteI get a lot of phone calls from people that want to know about the EPA so I have added there link here http://www.epa.gov/ for them to read. Do not call me and ask me all kinds of importing questions. I do not import engines of any kind. I am an engine builder and engine builders come under different EPA rules.

And then on his other website "oldstylelisters.com"
http://www.oldstylelisters.com/epa.html
QuoteJanuary 10, 2011 - Yes! we are now authorized to import India build Listeroids. Do not ask us how or why we can import these engines. If you need more information about importing engines into the U.S.A. then you must contact the epa directly. Thank you.

What a load of bullshit. Somebody seriously should report this guy to the EPA. It is in fact your duty to find how how/why/if these are EPA approved if you plan to buy one...
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

BioHazard

Quote from: DRDEATH on January 11, 2011, 07:02:20 AM
Bob I think you are an alright guy. If I didn't I probably would not support this sites cause. I will have to think this was a joke, but this remark could be considered offensive. I thought relegion was not a topic to be discussed. I'm not sorry standing my ground on this. The bible teaches that works will never give us or deny us passage into the Kingdom of God. No matter how bad or how good someone is on this earth there is only one way into the Kingdom of God. Everyone has that right. The DD

Did I miss something? Who is talking about religion besides yourself? ???
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

XYZER

Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

rcavictim

"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

sailawayrb

Quote from: quinnf on January 11, 2011, 10:20:37 AM
What can you say about a guy who names an engine after himself?

I'm amazed that nobody has sued him for fraud/misrepresentation.  Surely, he's sold a couple of engines, but I haven't seen anyone yet admit to that.  If he ever sells one of these HHO engines, and the buyer realizes what's happened, Willem's in for a bumpy ride.  

Hi Quinn, so glad to see that you alive and still kicking!  Hope your DIY sailboat is coming along nicely!  :)

Bob G., for what it is worth, I agree 100% with your perspective.  Unfortunately, the average IQ of the masses isn't very high and all sorts of people can use this to good advantage to accomplish their desired agenda...whether it is associated with religion, politics, or product sales.  :(

Bob B.

mobile_bob

DD:

if i offended yours or anyone else's religious sensibilities i assure you it was not my intention.

to the point my "sin" if you will is one of anger at a system that allows such a character the possibility to post such
arrogant claims that for a while boarder on fraud but now have clearly crossed the line.

anger and frustration at a system that seems quite arbitrary with their application of the law.

so if i offended you or anyone else please accept my apology

all we need is somebody buying one of these things, him get the press coverage, and then when things don't work out
we all by extension come away with a stain on us.  its bad enough he advertises 100k hour engine's, but now this hho thing
is just nuts.

bob g

BigGreen

I tried to buy an engine from him 6 years ago and he was giving me the run-around. I don't recall the details other than he acted as if he didn't want to sell it. He kept telling me how superior his were to anything else out there but we couldn't finalize the deal for some reason. I bought elsewhere and glad I did.

If his engine is good for 100,000 hours (over 10 years) why does it come with a 1 year limited warranty?

Dave

quinnf

Quote from: BigGreen on January 11, 2011, 07:44:32 PM
I tried to buy an engine from him 6 years ago and he was giving me the run-around. I don't recall the details other than he acted as if he didn't want to sell it. He kept telling me how superior his were to anything else out there but we couldn't finalize the deal for some reason. I bought elsewhere and glad I did.

If his engine is good for 100,000 hours (over 10 years) why does it come with a 1 year limited warranty?

Dave

BG, I'm in awe of you for having the testicular fortitude to man up and admit you tried to buy an engine from Willem.  Only one person has owned up to me, and that was off-line in a private e-mail.  He said the engine had so many problems, Willem ended up taking it back, which I guess says something for his ethics at the time.  Either that, or maybe the unhappy buyer was a really big mean looking Dude with a pet wolverine in the back of his pickup.  You never know, but lacking further information, it's fun to speculate.   

'Course, that was when Willem was just selling Indian 'roids, long before he started naming them after Himself, putting roller bearings on the muffler clamps and and claiming the 100,000 hour B.S. 

Henry W

Well this happened to me when I first started looking into Listeroids years ago. I believe oldstylelisters had a place in Florida. I barely remembered what took place. But what I remember is this:

I felt oldstylelisters was reasonably close where I live so I thought it would easy to go down and pick one up. Well I was sold that his engines had to be better then anything else around. Well I just did not feel good about the deal I was working out with him. Something was not right. It felt like I was being rushed into making a decision while talking with him. I just remember stopping and did not want to proceed with the order.

Henry

Henry W

I must be getting my memory back ::) I do remember the sales person doing most of the talking and he was very persuasive when speaking. I did not know much about Listeroid engines at that time so I guess any good talker had a good chance selling me something back then.

Henry

Crofter

Any bets that he is running his needle bearings on unhardened metal surfaces? I like the figure he charges for a shop rate! 25 bucks an hour. Methinks it might be overpriced at 10.
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

BigGreen

I didn't know anything about them at the time outside of following Rocketboy's and utterpower site and that they looked cool, real cool. I wanted one. I was dealing with Willem direct and he was sick at the time. A few time's I called him trying to make the deal and he was in bed sounding like he had the flu. I do recall now that he wanted to prep it and make some mod's and I said no, I wanted it as-is. I was getting frustrated with him when I contacted George and George pointed to Joel. A few weeks later I had a big ugly crate sitting on the trucking dock 50 miles away. BigGreen is too cool...

quinnf

Quote from: hwew on January 11, 2011, 09:39:56 PM
Well this happened to me when I first started looking into Listeroids years ago. I believe oldstylelisters had a place in Florida. I barely remembered what took place.  [snip]  
Henry

Yes, then he made some grandiose splash all over his website about consolidating OldStyleListers "East Coast Operations to their " . . . worldwide headquarters" and their "West Coast Headquarters" in Washington.  I think that was about the time he oddly announced to the whole world that he had gotten a load of engines with problems: full of sand, water leaking through porous castings, and engines assembled from used, worn parts, which caused him to cease business activities.  Then then there were the back problems, which may or may not have been real, and customers failing to pay their bills, and maybe a bankruptcy.  Then suddenly he was all better!  And then Atul stepped in sort of as a partner, or something, then he disappeared,  and, and. . . Such Drama!

Certainly an interesting and colorful character.  

[Edit: There WAS this guy:  http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=3012.msg36597#msg36597  

But that was just a Powerline engine he was sold, not one of the Willem C. Andree, Ltd. Signature engines, so I don't know whether that counts or not.]

q.

Henry W

Hi quinnf,
Thanks for posting above.
Yes there was such dramma going on back then. And reading all this again makes me very thankfull that I backed out of purchasing one from OldStyleListers. I hope that people looking into OldStyleListers products and considering purchasing one do lots of reasurch and hopefully this topic along with everyones comments will pop up when they do a google search.

Henry