News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

The old LEF is down again

Started by billswan, December 27, 2010, 02:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apogee

I still wish we had a backup of that site if it's gone for good.

There was lots of good info there.

billswan

Quote from: Apogee on January 20, 2011, 09:38:49 AM
I still wish we had a backup of that site if it's gone for good.

There was lots of good info there.

The admin of LEF chimed in on an earlier outage and said he had a backup. At at least that is what i remember reading a few weeks ago.

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

mike90045

It wil be missed, I'm glad I got a couple spare lister t-shirts from them when I did.  Very nice shirts to wear to town to mix burger juice with the diesel stains.

wrightkiller

here is some thing for you to look at ...... ;D

http://web.archive.org/web       type in   listerengine.com

Crofter

Quote from: wrightkiller on January 20, 2011, 12:58:03 PM
here is some thing for you to look at ...... ;D

http://web.archive.org/web       type in   listerengine.com

It brings up links to pages but clicking on them gives the message that there is no data available. Maybe just my jinx touch but does it work for anyone else?
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

Geno

Some of the links work. There are some old names and posts out there.

Here's Guy and Bob having a discussion in 06'

http://web.archive.org/web/20060430030356/listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=495.new#new

Thanks, Geno

T19

its down
Troy is not answering my emails
the server is not in his basement but it would appear he has lost all his sites
im done... i wanted upgrades to log in...no, i wanted to increase the people running it... no, I wanted it upgraded... nothing, i offered to buy the site twice... nothing

i stayed out of loyalty to the posters... im now done

BigGreen

Now I'm really bummed out :o
Is there any way to acquire the database and have it accessable for reference?
There is just too much invaluable information there to loose.

billswan

Quote from: T19 on January 21, 2011, 04:47:54 AM
its down
im done... i wanted upgrades to log in...no, i wanted to increase the people running it... no, I wanted it upgraded... nothing, i offered to buy the site twice... nothing

Well, I am sorry to here that. Many thanks for you for all the grueling hours you spent keeping house over there at LEF many she rest in peace. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Good luck andrew

I salute you sir!!

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

veggie

its down

Thanks for all the work you did.
I'm sure it survived as long as it did because or your efforts.

veggie

vdubnut62

Thanks for your efforts T19. There sure was a wealth of info there that's it's a shame to lose.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mbryner

Thanks for your effort there for all this time, Andrew!   
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

SteveU.

Open message to Andrew T19
The past is the past. "Die Kreig ist alles". (sp)
Please do feel welcome here in the good lifeboat MicroCoGen.
Best Regards
Washington State Steve Unruh
"Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Or do without."
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.

AdeV

its down

I've never understood Troy's apparent total lack of interest in his forum - especially given he's had loads of offers of help over the years.

I, for one, was (and still am) immensely grateful for the efforts you put into keeping LEF going, despite all the mountains you had to climb.

Meantime, if you fancy doing the same job here, I'm sure you'd be welcome! It's much easier.... I've only had to reject 2 spam users in the last few weeks - although some of the names people choose really does cause some head-scratching.

Anyway, unless I resurrect lister-engine.com as a specific LEF replacement, I reckon here's as good as anywhere to settle in & talk slow-speed diesels.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

T19

Quote from: AdeV on January 21, 2011, 12:57:25 PM
its down

I've never understood Troy's apparent total lack of interest in his forum - especially given he's had loads of offers of help over the years.

I, for one, was (and still am) immensely grateful for the efforts you put into keeping LEF going, despite all the mountains you had to climb.

Meantime, if you fancy doing the same job here, I'm sure you'd be welcome! It's much easier.... I've only had to reject 2 spam users in the last few weeks - although some of the names people choose really does cause some head-scratching.

Anyway, unless I resurrect lister-engine.com as a specific LEF replacement, I reckon here's as good as anywhere to settle in & talk slow-speed diesels.

2???  Thats a bloody vacation... in the end the bots were so bad that I had to shut down registration, then post that I would be open for 1 week, and for people to send me their notice so I could find them and approve... Over Christmas I opened the registration for 4 days... in the first 10 hours I was at over 150  NEW Members...at the end I was at over 600...so I approved those who emailed me... which was about 10 guys, then mass deleted the rest.  All we needed to do was add the CATCHA free service and it would have solved everything... but no.. easy to say no when you are not having to do the MODERATION and registration approvals.

I offered twice, once with JohnF to buy the site  he said he would think about it.  Nothing.  I use hosting 4Less for my two sites... they provide everything, do the backups, load balancing, etc and it only costs $140 per year.  Tanknet.org has been there with no issues and a lot more hits for nearly 13 years... No issues... this is just frustrating... more so for me because I know what can be done and I have to field all the complaints and questions.

Look I understand how and why this place started, hell if I had access to the posts I would have imported them here long ago.  I did not.  As for the past, I never had a beef with the people here, I just did not like the tone of a few who used the site and turned so quickly... I dont like to kick someone when they are having a problem.. and the big outage was Eastern European connected.  But I tried to keep it running so that everyone could harvest what was there... I have send a note for the last time asking to buy it out... if I get it I will work with the good people here to import that knowledge for all to see.

thanks for the job offer... same rate of pay and less work... very attractive LOL