News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Kubota KND3 2,2 kW Genset

Started by Tim, December 23, 2010, 02:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Hi there,

Here Tim from up North the freak'n below sealevel Dutch mountains.

I'm building a Genset from an old 1 cyl Kubota KND3 and Denyo generator/3~as motor. The Denyo will be used for off grid, the 3~as motor for on grid. I came here though Wiebe, whom I sold a KND3 body for his broken engine. The Kubota is fairly known here by old farmers, who used it for vacuum, milking the cows.

Hope to learn a lot here, keep posting pictures and tubers, I like that ;D

Regards,
Tim

ps: Nice colours ha......not mine.
Kubota KND3 Genset

mobile_bob

there is a man that is sure of his masculinity!

:)

welcome to the forum, always good to get new members from other corners of our world.

bob g

Tom T

Tim welcome and were in the world are the Dutch Mountains?Tom T

wiebe

Welkom tim ,
dutch mountains ,must be missing something here hihi.

But there is a lot to read here ,and they like jour work an the engines.

Greetings wiebe.
kubota knd3

TimSR2

hihi....ham radio operator dead giveaway, hihi.... de Tim VE7SEZ

wiebe

Quote from: TimSR2 on December 23, 2010, 08:06:32 PM
hihi....ham radio operator dead giveaway, hihi.... de Tim VE7SEZ

MMMM
Must spend more time on shortwhave then .hihi [PD0JP]
kubota knd3

Tim

Quote from: mobile_bobthere is a man that is sure of his masculinity!
You'de better watch out, years ago al little boy here put his finger in a dike to stop the incoming fluid. Imagine what a grown could do....

No serious, I bought this engine from a hobbit. The guy was funny, but lost it somewhere. Thats what happened to the engine. And I can't really be bothered by it. I do have a wife and some lovely children ;). If it is too disturbing I will paint it for you. But first finish the system.

@Tom, like Wiebe I come from the land of tulips, wooden shoes (Clogs) and legal smoking gras. The clogs I have, de rest not. My daily job is running an manure/organics digester. Got there 2 Jenbacher CHP's running, each 1060kWe.

Regards,
Tim

Kubota KND3 Genset

mobile_bob

Tim:

please don't take offense to my comment, it was a poor attempt at humor on my part.

quite frankly whatever color you like, is good enough for me.

just as long as it isn't that dreadful lister green!

:)

bob g

mobile_bob

btw, Tim

those jenbacher's are killer.

that ought to make some heat!

wrong color though,,, hahaha

re. color, that is one topic we all rib and tease each other about from time to time.
so far no one has had the balls to paint one hot pink, but it probably won't be long till someone does.

then watch the teasing!

bob g

Tim

No problem Bob,

I like the teasing/sarcastic humor too and understood yours. The boy who put his finger in a dike is a Dutch story about a little boy who tried stop a leak in the sea dike with his finger. So far I know a dike can be somethin' else overseas ::).

We use the heat of the engines to dry manure from the digester. Dry is has a positive value.

Regards,
Tim
Kubota KND3 Genset

BioHazard

Wow, how many cows does it take to keep that thing running?
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

RogerAS

Depends on how big the cows are.

;D

R

Tim

Hey Guys,

@BH: Around 9000 milking cows. But manure is only a small part of the digester feeding.

@Mobile Bob: Karma got me after the last comment I wrote here, and left me no other option than get you back on my color scheme, to make me feel a bit better again ;D

Ready for installation now!

Tim ;)
Kubota KND3 Genset

Henry W

Tim,

How could you do that to a Kubota engine. It should be Kubota Blue or Grey. I would of even taken Kubota Orange over Green. ;D

Looks good considering..................

Keep the pictures coming. :)

Henry

Tim

Henry,

You're probably right. Blue had been better. But the guy at the paintshop didn't know the color scheme, he didn't even know what a Kubota was. When I named stationairy engine he came with this color (idiot). Let's blame him :D.

Recently I bought this original one from an old farmer, this is the show off item:

Tim
Kubota KND3 Genset