Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

LowGear

I called Ken.  Model CD-14-RDA with SN 47613.  He obviously has spent some time cleaning it up and reports it runs good.  The photos show the emergency oil pressure and water temperature shut-down accessories.  The original generator is gone.

I wonder what year that SN makes it.  It is a US Steel product.

Casey

billswan

Brett

Well what are you waiting for that engine isn't to far from you go get it! ;D

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

slowspeed

I just made him an offer with some trade
lowgear if you want it I will not get in your way!!
Jeff
Working with Witte 15/1,WVO Lister 12/2 with 25kw Gen head,Gasifier,Sterling Engine,Solar,Hydrogen,300sd Benz on WVO,Dodge Truck on WVO

rcavictim

It absolutely astounds me that anyone near that engine has any hesitation to buy it immediately.  I'd drop everything and grab it if I had a means.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

bschwartz

As much as I'd love one, my situation is more of experimentation and play, with some power and use.
I don't NEED to spend another $2000. 
My main fear with these is parts availability, or specifically lack of.
The Lister/listeroids parts are fairly cheap, and easily available.
If I ran my engines on their designed fuel (diesel) and didn't shove wvo or whatever I can stuff into the cylinder (hopefully in a fine mist), i wouldn't worry as much about killing injectors and pumps, and from what I understand, they aren't available any more, is this sentence long enough?
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

LowGear

Hi slowspeed,

Thanks.  I have the engine-generator I'm going with.  It's out on my carport here in South Kona.  Mine is the smaller Witte "BD" with a 5 KW factory generator.  It should partner up pretty well with my 6 KW grid-tie inverter.  It's a two year plan or worse case on my 70th birthday.

The parts thing makes me nervous as well.  Some of the 50+ year old engines do have many hours on them and I hear there are no more injectors - nowhere.  

The manual I got from David at Wittemania only recommends not using crude oil as a fuel.  That leaves a lot of alternatives.

Here's one that was rescued just in the last few weeks.  Can you say archeology?

Casey