News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Bolt on electric start

Started by mbryner, November 20, 2010, 01:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbryner

Electric start comes up in this forum often.   Anyone know anything about this guy?   He's advertising a bolt on electric start for Listers/Listeroids.  Look about partway down the page.

http://www.rockymountainpowersource.com/#LastUpdate

Who is this?  Forum member? 
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

mike90045

RMPS went thru some tough biz and family times a couple years ago, I've no idea what he's up to now, and what delivery's are like.

lowspeedlife

I have no connection nor have i done buisness with him but i know that his site has had that ad on it for at least a year and a half. 

scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

LowGear

No pictures?

Works great.

No Pictures?

Casey

lowspeedlife

no pic's 'cause they don't exist.

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

LowGear

The pictures or the electric start?

Casey

lowspeedlife

Old Iron For A New Age

luv2weld

About a year ago, I tried to get some info from him. He refused to answer any questions about
parts availability if you had problems with it. All he was interested in, was me sending him $400
for the kit. Thanks, but No Thanks.

Ralph
6/1 with 5 kw ST       
8/1 with 7.5kw ST
28/2 with 24kw ST

I wouldn't need to manage my anger if people would learn to manage their stupidity!!

The best way to "kill time" is to work it to death!

mbryner

hmmm.   I sent him an e-mail and left a phone message on Friday morning.  No response.   It would appear the answer to my question is "Run away!"
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

LowGear

Yes Aurthur,

There are killer rabbits on the net. 

Hence, your response is dead on.

Casey

JohnF

Marcus;

How much automation do you want in the starter?  There are a few ways of adding one. Two that come to mind are starter and ring gear (ring gear is outboard on the engine crankshaft) or a modified starter with a rubber wheel replacing the starter dog - that one is leaned into the flywheel to start the engine.  They won't self-start, but that could be added later
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

mbryner

hahaha, I was wondering if anyone would get Monty Python out of that!

JohnF,  just gonna use a Chevy 350 starter and flexplate outboard of the back flywheel.   Can't be too hard and should start it under compression, too.   I just thought this bolt on business would be easier....

Crofter

It will grunt quite hard to get over first compression but it runs away with it after that.
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

wagspe208

Starters are cheap. If you guys can make your stands, I am sure you can make a bracket for the starter. I have an 8/1 so the ring gear is already on the flywheel.
See Jegs performance or any race place for a gear reduction starter. They can be bought for under $100. It would also be easy to adapt a chevy flexplate to fit on the shaft. (chevy stuff is cheapest in performance parts... thats why I said chevy)
Maybe I could machine up a prototype of adapter for the flywheel. Anyone want to try one?
Wags

mbryner

Wags, count me in to try your prototype.