News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Farymann 32W engine

Started by Henry W, November 12, 2010, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowspeedlife

Quote from: rl71459 on November 23, 2010, 04:02:18 PM
Blow Boats are the same as all things powered by mother nature.... It only works when she lets it work.
"When it isnt Blowin your not Goin". Of course it needs an engine! same reason engines back-up PV, Windmills, Batteries... when we need it on our own schedule the engine is a good friend!

Rob
Yea, that was really 'cause i have never had the chance to type "blow boat" before, i knew they had engines, sailors aren't silly enough to go out in the "big waters" with out some back up power anymore.

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

sailawayrb

Actually, the engines on these boats are more for charging batteries and heating water than anything else.  The sails are pretty reliable and no real sailor would motor around in the middle of the ocean just because there wasn't much wind.  However, there's little point to sailing to exotic destinations around the world if you can't make ice for your drink while you are enjoying the view   :o

lowspeedlife

Quote from: sailawayrb on November 23, 2010, 05:05:50 PM
Actually, the engines on these boats are more for charging batteries and heating water than anything else.  The sails are pretty reliable and no real sailor would motor around in the middle of the ocean just because there wasn't much wind.  However, there's little point to sailing to exotic destinations around the world if you can't make ice for your drink while you are enjoying the view   :o

LOL!!! ;D
Old Iron For A New Age

mobile_bob

this coming from a man that does not float in fresh water, (never tried salt water) and sinks so much so that a new life preserver
rated for 250lbs cannot keep me above the water,,, well

i won't be going out into the open ocean for any reason, and if for some reason i am shanhi'd and have a choice of boats, i will certainly be choosing the one with a motor!

a big,,, er,,, BIG motor

:)

bob g

XYZER

Blow boats do fine without power in the big pond....they put an auxiliary in them because of all the big rocks around the edges....
Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

Henry W

Two years ago I was sailing with a friend near Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Well it was fine in the morning. We had plenty of wind until early afternoon and than nothing. There was no breaze at all. It was a good thing the sailboat had auxiliary propulsion.

Henry

Henry W

There is a governor setup available that is a high/low setup. 2400 rpm high and 800 rpm low.

Set goveror spring kits are offered at 1450, 1500, 1800, 2100, 2300, 2500, 3000, 3100 and 3600 rpm. There are setups available for propulsion also.

Henry

Henry W

Well as some of you know, I sold both Farymann engines. The good news is they both went to members here on the forum. I hope we hear about the builds. I know one of the builds are coming along nicely and the other engine is in transit to the new owner.

Henry