News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Farymann 32W engine

Started by Henry W, November 12, 2010, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowspeedlife

The original factory color for these engines was like a medium metalic chacoal grey, yes metalic, very small flakes. But  I like flames too Dub !!

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

AdeV

Quote from: hwew on November 14, 2010, 02:54:53 AM

British Racing Green on a German Engine? As much as I like that color I don't think it will be appropriate. Crimsom Lake color? I am not familiar with that color.

I think we're about willing to speak to the Germans now... so long as they let us paint their stuff BRG ;D

Crimson Lake is the colour LMS coaches and locos were painted, waaay back in the 1930s. Although IMHO not the prettiest of her class, this is a good example of crimson lake with straw pinstriping:

Here's what a Princess Coronation class loco SHOULD look like - although the colour's not so distinct:

Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

mobile_bob

beautiful examples of how elegant things that were industrial "could" be from days gone by.

bob g

Henry W

Very nice color.

But I decided to keep it simple. I do have a color picked out.

Oh I just got confirmation that the engines will be here Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Henry

Henry W

The engines are less than 200 miles from me. I looks like delivery will be on monday. I am hoping to take pictures as soon as I take delivery.

Henry

Henry W

I just uncrated the engines and I like what I see. Here are 14 pictures.

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

The starter that is used on these engines are very common starters. I found remanufactured starters for $79.00. I don't think it is that bad. I was told by Entec West Inc. that the 1980 VW Dasher starter is the same thing. I have to check it out.

Henry

Henry W

Oh, I also recieved four stub shafts, four machined brass thermostat housings, two thermostats with gaskets and fasteners and 2 owners manuals with warantee cards.

I wonder if the warantee cards are still good if I send them in.

Henry

AdeV

They look very clean....

I'd be taking them apart now & getting all the paint off the nuts, studs, injector pipes....
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

sailawayrb

...and the Farymann 32W engine is in one the most highly regarded bluewater sailboats :D

http://bluewaterboats.org/norsea-27/

Bob B.

lowspeedlife

They are puting engines in blow boats ???? what is the world coming to????

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

rl71459

Blow Boats are the same as all things powered by mother nature.... It only works when she lets it work.
"When it isnt Blowin your not Goin". Of course it needs an engine! same reason engines back-up PV, Windmills, Batteries... when we need it on our own schedule the engine is a good friend!

Rob