News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Farymann 32W engine

Started by Henry W, November 12, 2010, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

They can be set up for differant speeds. Lots of governor speed options. Some claim the 32w can run at 3600 RPM but from what I found it looks like 3000 RPM looks like the continuous max speed. Peak torque and best efficency is around 2400 RPM. The engines I am getting are set for 3000 RPM but I am looking at 2600 RPM.

Henry

Ronmar

Quote from: rl71459 on November 13, 2010, 06:56:58 AM
Nice Engines

What HP/RPM are they

Look at the curves.pdf that he listed a few posts up.  It has the HP vs RPM and fuel consumption graphs...
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

AdeV

They're a bit.... how can I say this.... monochrome...

Did they fall in a vat of primer on the way to you?  ;D
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Henry W

Yes it is primer. That is the way they came.

Other companies used them like: Bukh, Westerbeke, Fischer Panda, Kohler and more.

It was easier to prime them and then have the manufactures paint them to their color. Yes I will paint them to a  color that suits me. Any ideas on a good color? :D

Henry

mobile_bob

battle ship gray?

bet it would cover in a single coat!

:)

bob g

Henry W

That sounds like a good color and I think you are right that it would cover in one coat. And it would be a color easy to find.

Thanks Bob,

Henry

mobile_bob

take a look at rustoleum chrome, and their copper color paint

if you give it a good cover coat with the copper color, then give it two coats of their chrome color
the end result looks for all the world like a nice nickel plate, not quite chrome,   but a nice nickel plate look.

the look is incredible on castings,

failing that and with all due homage' to smokey yunick (rip), i prefer flat black that has been lightly scuffed with 4/0 steel wool
and antique gold accents.

probably more at home with an antique engine like an early lister or witte,  but i think it would also be a cool color combo for
a more modern engine as well.

why does everything have to be green anyways?

:P

bob g

Ronmar

Quote from: Jens on November 13, 2010, 10:40:20 PM
Don't forget a racing stripe of some kind. Everything that moves needs a racing stripe. Stuff that is stationary can also be nicely enhanced with a racing strip.

And flames!  Because flames make things cool:)
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

AdeV

If it's going to be green, then metallic British Racing Green (with yellow pinstriping) is the only way to go. No, seriously chaps, it is. It's probably even a law or something...

Failing that, I do like the old LMS "Crimson Lake" colour, with straw yellow pinstriping. And it's not green...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Henry W

Quote from: mobile_bob on November 13, 2010, 10:13:23 PM
take a look at rustoleum chrome, and their copper color paint

if you give it a good cover coat with the copper color, then give it two coats of their chrome color
the end result looks for all the world like a nice nickel plate, not quite chrome,   but a nice nickel plate look.

the look is incredible on castings,

failing that and with all due homage' to smokey yunick (rip), i prefer flat black that has been lightly scuffed with 4/0 steel wool
and antique gold accents.

probably more at home with an antique engine like an early lister or witte,  but i think it would also be a cool color combo for
a more modern engine as well.

why does everything have to be green anyways?

:P

bob g

Bob,
You gave some great ideas here. It might be time to experiment with painting. Painting some of my high end tube audio equipment I used Rustoleum or Krylon gloss paint as a base, then lightly dust coat the base coat with gold or silver, than finish it off with a semi gloss clear coat for the finish coat.
Black base with a gold dusting and a clear top coat might look pretty good.

The copper base with a chrome top coat sounds intresting.

Jens,
A Gold pin stripe around the outside facing edge of the flywheel might look pretty good.

Ronmar,
::)??? I have to think about it. ;)

Henry

Henry W

Quote from: AdeV on November 14, 2010, 02:33:24 AM
If it's going to be green, then metallic British Racing Green (with yellow pinstriping) is the only way to go. No, seriously chaps, it is. It's probably even a law or something...

Failing that, I do like the old LMS "Crimson Lake" colour, with straw yellow pinstriping. And it's not green...

AdeV,
British Racing Green on a German Engine? As much as I like that color I don't think it will be appropriate. Crimsom Lake color? I am not familiar with that color.

Henry

Henry W

Anyone use VHT Engine Enamel. They have a wider selection of colors.

http://www.vhtpaint.com/engineenamel.html

Or just stay with Rustoleum Engine Enamel   http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=372

It has been such a long time since I painted an engine, I don't know if todays paint is as good as engine paint years back.

Henry

mobile_bob

the new paints are certainly no worse than those we used as a kid, and there are ton's mo' colors

i also vote for a racing stripe,

we gotta get a contest going, and have a "paint and stripe" category

:)

bob g

mobile_bob

i know, i know,,, :)

you know back in the 60's kids loved VW bugs and vans, and what was the one common paint element?

(drum roll please)

bathtub daisies!

yup thats it, paint it some psychedelic group of colors and paste bathtub daisies all over it

bob g

ps. gotta get a peace sign on there too

billswan

Quote from: mobile_bob on November 14, 2010, 07:11:11 AM
i know, i know,,, :)

you know back in the 60's kids loved VW bugs and vans, and what was the one common paint element?

(drum roll please)

bathtub daisies!

yup thats it, paint it some psychedelic group of colors and paste bathtub daisies all over it

bob g

ps. gotta get a peace sign on there too

Bob say you didn't mean it "peace sign" oh lord this could turn into a political fight and this isn't the right fourm :o ;D
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure