News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Farymann 32W engine

Started by Henry W, November 12, 2010, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Guy's,
I just purchased two N.O.S. Farymann 32W engines. I will take pictures once they arrive.
These will be very easy engines to use for cogen. Engine is water cooled and a heat exchanger can be put in the oil sump for cooling the oil. My goal is to harness all the heat from the oil, engine block and exhaust. This is the reason I purchased these engines. I plane to keep one as a spare. This engine will be spun to 2600 RPM's driving a 4 pole genhead by serpentine pulley's.

The Kubota Genset was a fine genset but in my heart it was not the way I wanted to go. It would of been more work to do cogen with the Kubota. The Farymann engines are a very simple engine to set up for cogen and this was the main point that helped me make the decision to sell the Kubota. At least I made some extra change selling it.

Henry

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Ronmar

They are cute:)  Wherever did you find them?
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

lowspeedlife

Quote from: Ronmar on November 12, 2010, 08:21:05 PM
They are cute:)  Wherever did you find them?
And what do you plan to use them for ??

scott r.
Old Iron For A New Age

Henry W

I found them on craigslist.

I am looking at cogen for one of them. And the other will be a spare parts engine if needed. But parts are still available so it will most likely stay as it is.

Henry

Geno

Henry W

Thanks Geno,

That manual is a great find and will be lots of help setting the engines up properly.

And very nice pictures of parts.

Henry

rl71459

Nice Engines

What HP/RPM are they designed for?

They look to be very well built.

Rob