News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Backup Generator

Started by squarebob, October 28, 2010, 06:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BioHazard

And the answer is, according to the MFG...
"The material of cylinder is cast iron."

Huh. I'm still confused.  :P

Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

vdubnut62

Don't you reckon that its just a sleeve with the rest of the head cast around it?
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

wiebe

there is a same gen with a inverter in it like the expensive models .

And here is a ebay seller with the internal genhead on pictures and one from a nice sinus wave.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Digitaler-Generator-Stromerzeuger-m-INVERTER-1100W-Rot-/120581969852?pt=DE_Haus_Garten_Heimwerker_Generatoren&hash=item1c133ed7bc

a nice projekt to modify on a diesel engine .

Greetings wiebe.
kubota knd3

mike90045

Quote from: wiebe on December 06, 2010, 09:56:57 AM
one from a nice sinus wave. 

Man, I had a terrible sinus wave this weekend, went through a whole box of tissues.

wiebe

Quote from: mike90045 on December 06, 2010, 01:51:07 PM
one from a nice sinus wave. 

Man, I had a terrible sinus wave this weekend, went through a whole box of tissues.

hey i am  dutch, trying the best i can .
kubota knd3

mobile_bob

Wiebe:

don't worry about your being dutch, we like "playing" with words here and do it frequently.

its all part of what makes our group fun to be around, as whacky as we all are.

bob g

mbryner

Hi Wiebe,

Welcome!  Stick around and keep posting.  Don't take it personally.   You will find lots of puns (word plays) on the other threads, too.

Marcus
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

BioHazard

there is a same gen with a inverter in it like the expensive models .

And here is a ebay seller with the internal genhead on pictures and one from a nice sinus wave.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Digitaler-Generator-Stromerzeuger-m-INVERTER-1100W-Rot-/120581969852?pt=DE_Haus_Garten_Heimwerker_Generatoren&hash=item1c133ed7bc

a nice projekt to modify on a diesel engine .

Greetings wiebe.

Wow, very interesting! The engine part looks exactly the same but I think that's a different manufacturer, the company I have been talking to hasn't offered any inverter generators. I have to say I want one though! That gen head looks tiny. I wonder who is copying who?

BioHazard

Quote from: vdubnut62 on November 29, 2010, 06:55:59 PM
Don't you reckon that its just a sleeve with the rest of the head cast around it?
Ron

No, as far as I can tell it isn't sleeved, doesn't look like a normal weedwacker or chainsaw engine to me at all. Last night I noticed a bit of surface rust forming on the cooling fins, I've had the gen stored in my barn where it is very humid.

wiebe

Quote from: BioHazard on December 06, 2010, 07:28:28 PM
Quote from: vdubnut62 on November 29, 2010, 06:55:59 PM
Ron

No, as far as I can tell it isn't sleeved, doesn't look like a normal weedwacker or chainsaw engine to me at all. Last night I noticed a bit of surface rust forming on the cooling fins, I've had the gen stored in my barn where it is very humid.

Its like the engine on minibike,s here.you can get them for like 150 dollars.
And then have fun all day putting back what you lost while driving .
kubota knd3

BioHazard

Looks like the manufacturer of that 2 stroke inverter generator is "Yangke", while the other generator is made by "United Power". Yangke seems to have more models to choose from, specifically, this one really caught my eye!
http://www.yang-ke.com/cpshow.asp?proid=20080429204251
Looks like they found a more efficient way to make 12 volts instead of using an auto alternator. And I'm sure Bob would love one of the 48v versions.... ;)

wiebe

Here is my second test stil running in with the yangky 900i.
it is a inverter generator and runs my tv[tube] and sat with no problem .
Sorry for the not so good movie.
kubota knd3

squarebob

The "battery charger" units on their site are 4 strokes. I wonder if they are available in the USA?
GM90 6/1, 7.5 ST head, 150 Amp 24V Leece Neville, Delco 10si
Petter AA1 3.5 HP, 75 Amp 24V Leece Neville
2012 VW Sportwagen TDI, Average 39.1 MPG

BioHazard

Quote from: squarebob on December 24, 2010, 05:01:14 PM
The "battery charger" units on their site are 4 strokes. I wonder if they are available in the USA?

They have both 2 and 4 cycle "battery chargers". I'm still waiting to hear back from Yangke about the US availability...they claim EPA approval. If they aren't available here already maybe a group buy? I really want one of the 2 stroke units for use in my boat - 55 amps for 5 hours on a gallon of gas is like a 275AH battery that weighs less than 40lbs. My guess would be that they should be less than $75 each at the manufacturer level...

wiebe - have you been able to measure the input voltage to the inverter?

wiebe

Ive got a scematic?? with the manuel but no specs [volts].
I wil try with my fluke to get te input volts .
Its a 3phase gen head,and it has one coil for 12volt batt charge and one for an extra volts for the sine wave to work.

But in a cople of day,s i wil try to get them .

Greetings Wiebe.
kubota knd3