News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Farymann air cooled diesel

Started by flywheel, October 24, 2010, 03:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flywheel

This is a small Farymann air cooled diesel that was given to me.  I believe it had a gen head attached at one time. It  has good compression, missing the air cleaner cup.  I will see if it will run and if doesn't I will just scrap it.  Its heavy for a small engine.
The owner said he didn't like it because it was made in Germany and was metric.
                             flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

rl71459

Looks like a very nice little engine! Hard to beat the price... Even has electric start!

Rob

Tom Reed

I don't know about a generator, it looks like the camshaft was used to drive the load.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

LowGear

Darn German craftsmanship.  It's hard to find junk these days.   ;D

That cam drive kind of looks like where the injector pump might go.

But who cares about this guy when you've got something that looks pretty interesting setting in the bed of your truck.  What's that?

Casey

flywheel

Check the Witte diesel engine section to have a better look at it.
                                                                                             flywheel

admin

looks like the cam side was used to drive a pump, of some sort
the injection pump looks a lot like the ones used on a changfa, it is visible in the
picture opposite of the aircleaner side.

i  wouldn't scrap it, there is likely someone that would like to have it, especially if it can be made to run again.

maybe you can use it as a pony motor to start the witte?

bob g

flywheel

That opening on the cam end is for the crank for hand starting.  Google videos show a couple of startups with a hand crank.   A pulley is sometimes also mounted at this location to drive a fuel  lift pump or whatever.  This engine may even run, I will put it on my list of things to do.
                                                                        flywheel

lowspeedlife

The Farryman brand was imported by Briggs & Stratton in the 1980's.  Had my hands in a few, they are well made, as is most German stuff. If you could do it with 10 parts & make 5 or 6 move they will do it well with 15 parts & make all of them move.  I would not junk it, parts are still available & If the injection parts still work i'm sure it will be a fine runner. The pony engine sounds like a great idea to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNwvIEQsg0

Scott R   
Old Iron For A New Age

vdubnut62

And how does that vid tie in? ??? ??? :D :D
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

lowspeedlife

Don't pay (for) the faryman ! DUH.

Just checked the us web site for the Faryman diesels, my anti virus software says ther is a trojan horse attempting to down load a virus. If your anti-virus software isin't up to date don't visit the site.

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

vdubnut62

Quote from: lowspeedlife on October 24, 2010, 09:16:56 PM
Don't pay (for) the faryman ! DUH.

Just checked the us web site for the Faryman diesels, my anti virus software says ther is a trojan horse attempting to down load a virus. If your anti-virus software isin't up to date don't visit the site.

Scott R.

OK--NOW I get it :-X
Sorry, I can only blame my thick headed-ness on the early Halloween party last night. Hey, the Pineapple flavored moonshine was REALLY good! ;D
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

lowspeedlife

Pineapples & moonshine two of my favorite things, right next to loose women & fast cars. Sorry about the you tube thing Doug got me started on that & i just can't shake it.

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

vdubnut62

NOT a problem...I'm just kinda slow ::)  One of the girls there came as an Elf... There was about as much material in her hat as the rest of her outtit..er...outFit. Wish you could have been there :o
Ron.

lowspeedlife

Old Iron For A New Age