News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Hopefully tomorrow....

Started by lessersivad, October 21, 2010, 02:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lessersivad

Just got off the phone with a gentleman that has a XingDong 1115 for sale.

I checked it out around a month ago and was debating between it and another engine. Ended up "debating" too long and the other engine sold. Oh well.

So hopefully after tomorrow I'll have a "project" to keep me off the streets and out of jail....LOL.

I'll definately be checking fasteners, gear timing, inspecting for crud, doing away with the stock cooling system, and devising a different fuel tank set up.

Been reading quite a few tips on here so at least I'm not going into this totally uninformed. That's not to say I won't have questions.

Thanks to all the members that have posted their information on these engines.

playdiesel

Good deal, its amazing how fast the inventory of them dried up. Was like one week there was 20 of them on E-bay next week all sold. I lucked out and got the very last engine a major importer had. My 1115 has been stripped of all the chinsy tinwork and now rinds a 15KW head at reduced output. It has been a good engine so far abit the noise factor. Good luck with yours.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

lessersivad

Quote from: playdiesel on October 21, 2010, 07:52:29 PM
My 1115 has been stripped of all the chinsy tinwork and now rinds a 15KW head at reduced output. It has been a good engine so far abit the noise factor. Good luck with yours.

Yea, I plan to strip all unneccessary "geegaws" and have a basic engine.

What "reduced output" are you running at?

Thanks.

playdiesel

I slowed the engine down from Max RPM to about 1700 RPM, a spot where it was almost vibration free and spec'd the pulleys to get the correct Htz , I am using a 3 V-belt drive. HP? is a guess, I could calculate it from max kw produced but have not maxed it out. A wild guess at 1700,, 18HP. Using thes tandard 2HP per KW gives me a usable 9KW I think? . I am not stressing the motor at 1700 or my 15KW head at max output, that I know.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

vdubnut62

Playdiesel, what is that 1115's rated hp & speed?
My 1100 is rated 16hp @ 2000rpm. I'm direct driving a 12 kw head and it's more that the engine can carry at full load.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

playdiesel

Ron, It varys a little bit with the Mfg but mine is 23HP at 2200 RPM. I built the unit for short term back up power at the house and for our farm that has no grid service.  Have yet to load it heavily so I cant give any specs for KW delivery, sorry.  We did hook it up and shut down the main and ran everything we normaly have on at the house and it didnt break a sweat. I a not familar with the other China horizonals but our 1115 is a LOT less obnoxious  @1700 than at WOT. If I needed one to run at WOT Id want it about a 1/4 mile away from the house, LOL.
Butch
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

lessersivad

Quote from: vdubnut62 on October 21, 2010, 09:52:06 PM
Playdiesel, what is that 1115's rated hp & speed?
My 1100 is rated 16hp @ 2000rpm. I'm direct driving a 12 kw head and it's more that the engine can carry at full load.
Ron

The 1115 XingDong is home as of 2 hours ago. It's data plate says it's 24 HP @ 2200 RPM. Also came with a 15kw generator.

I did run it for about a minute. The guy said he started it for 1 other person that was interested and as far as I know that's the only 2 times it's been ran.

If I can actually sleep tonight thinking about this project I'll be suprised...LOL.

veggie

Congratulations on your new toy.
There's a lot of people on this forum who have (or did have) Changfa's and are happy to help.
I remember when I first uncrated my S195 and mounted it on some wood 4X4's.
I would go out to the garage and start it up just to watch it run for 10 minutes.
Food for the soul  :)

veggie

lessersivad

Well today was a fairly productive one.

Removed the sheet metal cover, fan, idler pulley and belt from the cooling system.
Also pulled the gear train cover, rear cover, and valve cover. Gear were all in time, WOO HOO!! Took the governor outer disc off, removed the lock washers and applied locktite to the screws.
Valve lash was a bit much so adjusted that.
Checked head bolt torque and cinched them down. I would say they were on the lower end of within specs.
Checked for casting sand. Didn't find any. :)

Put it back together and ran it for about 10 minutes. So far no real suprises except a fuel drip from the flexible line. Not too worried about it as I'm not going to be using the stock tank in the end anyway.

Just ran it sitting on a piece of OSB on the garage floor. The "sweet spot" for smoothness seemed to be between 1800/1850 RPM so that's a good deal.

Glad it runs smooth. I'd hate to have to go around the neighborhood asking if anyone had seen my "pet" engine walking around...LOL.