News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Kubota Z482 Direct Drive Genset.

Started by Henry W, October 07, 2010, 07:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfamily

Hello Henry,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. This is a little project to back up a small solar system. I have a used 10kw marathon 4-pole but as you said 1800rpm is not in the cards for the super mini series. I am looking into a 10.2kw 2-pole mecc alte.

Mike pointed me in the right direction for an OEM sae 5 bellhousing and flywheel but the price was a bit of a shocker. I was planning on giving him a call and pulling the trigger on the shaft drive kit but I when I saw you had managed to do direct drive with the super mini I thought to pursue my options a little further.

I appreciate the insight. As this is a back-up system  and portability is a concern I think I will stick with your advice and go with the belt drive system. It will be a few weeks but I will post some pics when I am done.

Thanks again.

Henry W

Hi Toni,

Yes it is a shocker. When I built the D1005 genset I could not believe how much the SAE flywheel and housing set was. But once in a while you can get lucky.

Question, Do you know if your flywheel is the Kubota mini B1 flywheel?

Here is the Kubota Super Mini Series B1 Flywheel Pattern

Bolt Circle: 130 mm (5.12")

5 bolt pattern:  thread hole size M8    thread pitch 1.25

Pilot Diameter: 106 mm (4.17")

Henry

Jfamily

Henry,

Those #'s look pretty close although at a quick glance I thought I saw 5" even center to center for the bolt pattern. Now I am looking for a stub shaft and a couple of poly-v sheaves with 7/8" bushings. Any thoughts? What size am I looking for? I'd send you a pick but I am having trouble inserting an image. Not sure if this administrative control as I have a low post count or operator error but more than likely the later.

Cheers

Tony

Henry W

Hi Tony,

I am not sure if you read how to attach pictures on this forum so here is the link:
http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=16.0

Here are the requirements: Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, , pdf, , txt, , xls
Maximum attachment size allowed: 750 KB, per post: 4

About stubshafts, try http://www.nextgenerationpower.com
You can also try http://www.hayescouplings.com

Henry

Jfamily

Thanks Henry,

I have attached a pic and if for some reason it does not look like a typical B1 flywheel please let me know. Thanks for the links for the stub shaft.

Cheers,

Tony

Henry W

Hi Tony,

That does not look like B1 flywheel. I never seen that one.
Any idea what that engine came out of?

Henry

Jfamily

Hello Henry,

No idea as to the origins of this engine. I am working with my local Kubota engine dealership who has been in contact with Mike at Hays. The Kubota dealer forwarded me a cut sheet from hays ( the same thing you had on the z482 with housing for side loading) thinking it would work with my flywheel but I had to point out this was designed for the standard B1 and would likely not work for the existing flywheel. See what they come up with tomorrow.

This one must have been in the display case!! And the drama continues....

Cheers

pressurepro

I may have the flywheel you need, PM me your email or phone # and Ill send ya a pic.

Henry W

pressurepro,

I need to put you on the top of my list to check for used Kubota parts. :)

Henry

Henry W

Tony,

Pressurepro helped others out here and if he has the Kubota D722 B1 flywheel he will  set you up.

Henry

RJ

Quote from: Jfamily on May 12, 2012, 09:56:13 PM
Henry,

Those #'s look pretty close although at a quick glance I thought I saw 5" even center to center for the bolt pattern. Now I am looking for a stub shaft and a couple of poly-v sheaves with 7/8" bushings. Any thoughts? What size am I looking for? I'd send you a pick but I am having trouble inserting an image. Not sure if this administrative control as I have a low post count or operator error but more than likely the later.

Cheers

Tony

Did you ever find a stub shaft, I have a flywheel and stub shaft off my d905, not sure if the flywheel would work for your setup or not.

-randy

XYZER

I used a portable air tank on my z482. It allowed me to mount it vertical or horizontal. Then I could put my return,supply and filler where I wanted. Not having fuel in it ever made cutting and welding less stressful.
Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

Jfamily

Thanks Randy,

I did manage to get sorted. I decided to take Henry's advice and go belt drive. Thanks though. I actually logged on to start another related thread. I am now looking to find a little direction to source and set up the oil and temperature sending units. Thanks