The Muffler for Perkins, Cat and Shibaura diesels also fits Kubota engines!!!

Started by Henry W, August 21, 2010, 03:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

The muffler for Perkins, Cat and Shibaura diesels that flywheel found and posted for us also fits the Kubota Z482 perfectly!!!

These mufflers are very heavily built, very nice looking and are pretty quiet. I highly recommend one of these if you are looking for a good high quality muffler at a good price.

Here are the following engines that this muffler will fit. This muffler should fit the following engines with exhaust exiting horzontly to from the side of the engine with a four bolt square flange with bolt spaceing from 2 inches to 2-1/4 inches.

Caterpillar: C0.5
Caterpillar: C0.7
Caterpillar: C1.1
Kubota: Z482
Kubota: Z602
Kubota: D662
Kubota: D722
Kubota: D782
Kubota: D902
Kubota: D905
Kubota: D1005
Kubota: D1105
Perkins: 402C-05
Perkins: 402D-05
Perkins: 403C-07
Perkins: 403D-07
Perkins: 403C-11
Perkins: 403D-11
Shibaura: E672L-C
Shibaura: E673L-C
Shibaura: S753-C
Shibaura: S773L-C
Volvo: D1-13
Volvo: D1-20
Volvo: D1-30

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=Muffler-29

Henry

Henry W

I did some searching to see what size Caterpillar engine  used this muffler.

It turns out the muffler was installed on The Caterpillar C1.1, 3 cylinder, 28.2 Hp. engine.

Cub Cadet Used the Caterpillar C1.1 in their Cub Cadet Commercial Zero Turn Mower Model# 53AB5JEZ750

Cub Cadet Part# is 02001073 (Heat shelds are also available in Cub Cadets parts listing)

The list price of ths muffler is $199.75 :o Ouch!!! It turns out $35.00 at Small Engine Warehouse is a great deal.

The list was updated on the first post so we can keep all the engine models that this muffler should fit with the proper exhaust manifold installed.

This muffler might even fit some Yanmar engnes.

Henry

Geno

Thanks Henry, I just bought one for my Z602. My final plans for the engine are to recover exhaust heat but I'm not sure if I want to go through the soot hassle's of a more efficient heat-ex. If I can recover 50% of the heat by wrapping a coil around the muffler and insulating it that may be good enough for me. Time will tell.

Thanks, Geno

Henry W

Your welcome Geno,

It sounds like you have a plan. Any word on your project?

Henry

Geno

The Kubota project is somewhere down the road. I will be picking up pieces for it as bargains present themselves. That bell housing you have is a jewel I keep thinking about.

I do have all the big pieces for my thermal storage project and have begun assembling them. I'll take some pics and start a thread soon. I had to scale it back because I couldn't scrounge a 3rd barrel but I should still have about 300 gallons of storage. I've dumped so much hot water this summer it makes me sick.

Thanks, Geno

Henry W

Hi Geno,

Have you fired the engine up yet? I found out the engine runs very smooth with the 35 or 40 pound pulley. I can't wait to get this project to the point of running tests.

Henry

Geno

No, it's still sitting under the plastic. All I've done is turn it over by hand. Your pulley observations are intriguing. If I follow through with my current plans my setup will be similar to yours. 2400-2600 rpm puts it right in the meat of the torque curve and lowest fuel consumption. I need a gen head and would like a PMG, I gotta source some pulley's, build a frame, (I already have an engine mount) sort out ventilation, etc, etc.

When I get done with the roid thermal storage scheme I'll probably add some additional input to it from a woodstove before I start on the Kubota project.

It's pretty easy to put aside for now. The roid is running fine and providing me with what I need. ~3800 hrs so far on WVO. Carbon and soot cleanouts do come to often though.

To little time, to many projects, not enough $...................

Thanks, Geno