News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Is there a "show all unread posts" button?

Started by mkdutchman, June 16, 2010, 05:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkdutchman

There used to be one in here somewhere, maybe I just can't find it? Right now I have to manually go through all the boards in order to see what's been updated. There is a "show all unread since last visit" button but that doesn't work if I only look at one or two topics and then come back later

I saw that mobile bob had posted about that two days ago but I can't find that post anywhere

Mel
2 Metro 6/1s running off grid, charging a 48v battery bank, for primary power and CHP
3 Outback 1548 1500W inverters in a 3phase layout
1 Samlex 1500W inverter for 110AC

mobile_bob

Mel:

i use the babylon theme, which can be set by going to "profile" then click on "look and layout"
and find "babylon" theme and set it up

then at the upper left corner of your screen you should see your name, and below that
there should be an underlined "show unread posts since last visit"

click on it and it should provide you with a list of unread posts since your last visit.

has this been an ongoing issue with your account since the beginning or since joining "somrad"?

if it is a recent problem, perhaps i can reset your account and get it to working again?

let me know, surely we can sort this out

bob g

d34

he said he has the "show unread posts since last visit".  but what his problem is not having enuf time to read them all, logging out, then when he comes back later and hits the button again the posts he didnt read dont show up unless they have been updated since the time he logged out.  what he is looking for will say "show all unread posts".  i dont know if that 1 exists. 
GM90 6/1 ST5 (ready for emergency)
Changfa ZS1105GNM with 10kw gen head
S195 no gen head
1600 watts of solar panels are now here waiting for install
2635 watts of solar panels, Outback 3648 & 3048 Inverters, MX60, Mate
840Ah (20 hr rate) 48v battery bank & 660Ah (8 hr rate) 48v battery bank

cgwymp

There's a button somewhere that I usually can't find, but if you hit the "Show unread posts since last visit" link and append ";all" to the end of the URL (minus the quotes, of course), you'll see all unread posts....

HTH!
Listeroid 8/1

cognos

I *think* this will do it...

When you first visit, hit the "Show unread posts since last visit." button. Surprisingly enough, this will give you a list of unread posts since your last visit... ;D

Now:

Down at the bottom of that list, on the right hand side, there is a Bold label - it says "All Unread Topics" - hit that, and I think that will get you what you're after.

mkdutchman

the "show all unread posts since last visit" does indeed show up. And when that is clicked it does indeed bring up a list of topics, all unread since my last visit, say for example, 15 mins ago. And there is a "show all unread topics" button there.

BUT  :)

(and I see my first post is quite misleading)

My problem is when the "show all unread topics" button is clicked then I get a message "no messages"  I uploaded the screenshot below

bob,
I did have this right at the start, but i didn't notice it much until the amount of unread topics exceeded the number I could manually comb through in one visit.

I'm able to go look for new topics, no problem, but I do miss quite a bit that way
2 Metro 6/1s running off grid, charging a 48v battery bank, for primary power and CHP
3 Outback 1548 1500W inverters in a 3phase layout
1 Samlex 1500W inverter for 110AC

vdubnut62

Quote from: d34 on June 16, 2010, 07:32:54 AM
he said he has the "show unread posts since last visit".  but what his problem is not having enuf time to read them all, logging out, then when he comes back later and hits the button again the posts he didnt read dont show up unless they have been updated since the time he logged out.  what he is looking for will say "show all unread posts".  i dont know if that 1 exists.  

Happens to me all the time, I have to leave a window open all the time and just refresh it, or else the posts think they have been read when I return.
Ron

Oh, Firefox & Win 7
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

d34

Quote from: vdubnut62 on June 16, 2010, 09:57:30 AM
Quote from: d34 on June 16, 2010, 07:32:54 AM
he said he has the "show unread posts since last visit".  but what his problem is not having enuf time to read them all, logging out, then when he comes back later and hits the button again the posts he didnt read dont show up unless they have been updated since the time he logged out.  what he is looking for will say "show all unread posts".  i dont know if that 1 exists.  

Happens to me all the time, I have to leave a window open all the time and just refresh it, or else the posts think they have been read when I return.
Ron

Oh, Firefox & Win 7

i have had to do that in the past... not any longer... 9 times out of 10 i see the same screen as the screenshot above... i guess clickin that "button" 50 times a day will cause that... hell maybe i could get alot more work done if i could just stay away for an hour or 2    :P
GM90 6/1 ST5 (ready for emergency)
Changfa ZS1105GNM with 10kw gen head
S195 no gen head
1600 watts of solar panels are now here waiting for install
2635 watts of solar panels, Outback 3648 & 3048 Inverters, MX60, Mate
840Ah (20 hr rate) 48v battery bank & 660Ah (8 hr rate) 48v battery bank