???

bob g

XYZER

Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

WGB

Quote from: XYZER on May 26, 2010, 03:04:20 PM
WATCHING THE OIL LEAK....?!

LOL wish we had some?
How could we thin crude to run in a Listeroid?

bschwartz

I'd think heat, just like WVO
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

Tom T

AdeV

Quote from: WGB on May 26, 2010, 03:13:56 PM
Quote from: XYZER on May 26, 2010, 03:04:20 PM
WATCHING THE OIL LEAK....?!

LOL wish we had some?
How could we thin crude to run in a Listeroid?

Are you kidding?

Boil it in a giant pot, and condense it out in a fractioning column. Use the diesel in the Lister[oid], sell the petrol (gas) to your friends, use the propane/butane to heat your home & power the oil boiler, and the residual bitumen to pave your driveway. You may also be able to make wax candles and plastic products, although I'm not sure what other processes are required for the latter.

Commercial oil co's obviously have massive infrastructure, yada yada, but that's only because they process huge amounts of oil on a continuous basis. If you're doing small batch jobs (a few gallons of crude at a time), you can probably make the kit yourself out of scrap.

Oil really is gobsmackingly amazing stuff, and it's absolutely no wonder there's such demand for it.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

vdubnut62

Do you mean Kevin Costner and his brother? Their political views may not have been in lock step with the overseers and they got shut down.
I know the blurb about the centrifuge array died pretty quick, just like the blurb about the Scientist that had different political views.
Anybody but me hear the theory about North Korea torpedoing the oil rig?
What a freakin mess this is going to be! A regular SNAFU.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

highwater

Quote from: mobile_bob on May 26, 2010, 02:14:29 PM
everyone gone on holiday?

???

bob g

Looked to be a little slow around here the last few days.

Randall

mike90045

Quote from: vdubnut62 on May 26, 2010, 05:41:19 PM

Anybody but me hear the theory about North Korea torpedoing the oil rig?

Sounds good.   Can I pass it along ?

M61hops

I haven't heard the Korean torpedo one yet  :D , but I would rather believe that than the unbelieveable criminal negligence that has come to light in the Senate hearings  >:( !  A lot of people should go to jail over this!  It seems that nobody knows how to stop this oil volcano and that there was never any pre-planning to deal with this possibility  :'( !  The negligence of this situation is almost incomprehensible to me!  Do we have anybody on this board that works in the offshore drilling industry that could offer an informed comment as to weather or not the life in the oceans of the world will survive this disaster???  If the oceans die humans will be close behind  :-\ !!  This could be much more serious than the headlines let on?                                    Leland

Crumpite

Quote from: M61hops on May 30, 2010, 05:33:20 PM
I haven't heard the Korean torpedo one yet  :D , but I would rather believe that than the unbelieveable criminal negligence that has come to light in the Senate hearings  >:( !  A lot of people should go to jail over this!  It seems that nobody knows how to stop this oil volcano and that there was never any pre-planning to deal with this possibility  :'( !  The negligence of this situation is almost incomprehensible to me!  Do we have anybody on this board that works in the offshore drilling industry that could offer an informed comment as to weather or not the life in the oceans of the world will survive this disaster???  If the oceans die humans will be close behind  :-\ !!  This could be much more serious than the headlines let on?                                    Leland

You wouldn't want the oil company's opinion anyways...

Oh, the oceans will survive.
Oils leaks naturally into the ocean all the time, in small amounts, so nature knows how to accommodate the problem.
As for what will happen, just look at the second worst spill, the Exon Valldease.
There will be a massive kill along where the oil beaches, the shrimp beds and some of the fishing will be affected.
As for the oceans themselves, microorganisms will eat up the oil and everything will slowly get back to normal.

I'm a lot more worried about pollutants that nature doesn't know how to handle, and the rising sea temperatures.

Heads will roll, enormous fines will be levied, careers will be ruined, perhaps some made.
Laws will be passed which the rich will piss and moan about to no end.
No matter what is done spin doctors will point out in hindsight that better decisions could have been made.

Pretty typical stuff...
Crumpite

vdubnut62

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rl71459

I align with Crumpite.... We will somehow get thru this and nature will endure!

What bothers me is how everyone (Seamingly) wants to jump on the blame bandwagon... I feel there is plenty of time for the pissin match.... and heads will roll!

For now we should be workin on the fix! Not focusing on the blame!

Just My 2 cents
Rob

rl71459

Hey Ron

2 seconds after I went to that link... My PC Locked up like a Dry Main Brg!

Rob

Crumpite

Quote from: vdubnut62 on May 30, 2010, 06:48:09 PM
And ya'll took my paranoid theory for a joke! :D

http://www.eutimes.net/2010/05/us-orders-blackout-over-north-korean-torpedoing-of-gulf-of-mexico-oil-rig/

Enjoy!
Ron

Oh my...  :)

Did you look at all of the other postings ?

I think I saw one where Hitlers brain was co-joined to Elvis's and their combined though power is being broadcast from Mars to destabilize all of our governments ?
Now that one I can believe in !

Nothing but the finest investigative reporting in the world.
It must be true or it wouldn't have been stated in the Movie "Men in Black"
Time to take this to the Octagon, IMHO...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Crumpite