for those with 48volt systems

Started by mobile_bob, October 06, 2011, 04:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

seems to be interest again with charging 48volt banks

i have a question i would like to pose to those so interested

"how many amps would you like to have available to charge with?"

it would appear that 40-45amps is about what most folks have capability of,

would a unit that can do 75-85amps be of interest?

the reason i am asking, i have something like 50 or 60 leece neville alternators that i can setup for 48volt charging
(capable of anything up to 62volts or more if needed, although all testing will be done at 57.6volts dc)

its going to be a while before i can get to building these up, i am about half way through the unpacking, sorting, building and loading
all my crap on shelves in the new shop.  it is a long process that i want done right so i don't have to do it again later.

bob g

d34

I have interest in the units.  I could possibly use more than one. 
GM90 6/1 ST5 (ready for emergency)
Changfa ZS1105GNM with 10kw gen head
S195 no gen head
1600 watts of solar panels are now here waiting for install
2635 watts of solar panels, Outback 3648 & 3048 Inverters, MX60, Mate
840Ah (20 hr rate) 48v battery bank & 660Ah (8 hr rate) 48v battery bank

mbryner

if you build it, they will come.....

Yes, I'd be interested.   But they wouldn't have a charge controller, right?  My 6/1 wouldn't do more than 40 amps right now w/ thermosiphon, but it would be nice to have greater capability.
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

Tom Reed

I'd be interested in as many amps as could be gotten out of a flogged, wound out, 6/1 roid.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

mike90045

Depending on price, I need something to charge a 825ah NiFe bank I'm installing next week.  Planning on solar (in the winter - ha) or the 6/1 driving the 240v ST head, into the XW6048 .98 PF charger.  But another source is not a bad thing to have.

BioHazard

I think I could probably use one funds permitting....
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

Shipo

I'd be interested in a 24v (28)....in case you have one for sale...
Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

ihavelotsoftoys

I would be interested in one also.  I won't be running a lister but I do have an arrowboard engine with deep sump.  Got lots of biodiesel to feed it.

Jedon

Sounds easier than transforming down and rectifying my st-5 output? Interest depends on price as usual :-)

veggie

Bob,

Please give us a price and a time frame. If you can provide in 24 (27) volts, I too would be interested.

veggie

yellowhead

I would be interested as well. Out of curiosity which Leece Neville alternator is this based on?

Simon.

electronlabs

Do you still have these units available?  I may need a few if the price is right.

Mad_Labs

Hey Bob,

I'd love one, or even just a stator rewound. I can deal with diodes, controller etc. I just emailed ya this AM from the Fieldlines forum becuase I had lost my login here.

Jonathan

Lloyd

for all of you interested in running a 48 volt alternator at 48 volt native, Balmar now makes an MC6-48 regulator, and it even has Li-ion charge capabilities. It's the same regulator as the MC6-24, with some software tweeks, it's a true 48v remote sense. 3 stage regulator.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

mobile_bob

who is selling the balmar mc48?

bob g