News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Westinghouse CDO-21650 AC/DC Generator, useful?

Started by Jedon, July 01, 2010, 05:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedon

I found one of these at the Habitat Re-Store for $20. It looks old but spins freely and is nice and heavy
Could I hook it to my 6/1? Could it be used for hydro? RPM looks a bit high for hydro 2666rpm.
It can make 12V DC, maybe I could hook it to my 6/1 and put the output through a charge controller to get it to charge my 48V bank?

Jedon

Jedon

Jedon

Jedon

Lloyd

Looks like an old Navy Cruise Geny...They were bullet proof in their time...but I can't read the plates for Volt amps..it looks like I saw 14 v...but that is the best I can make...I believe they used the 14 v for the field/starter circuit.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

Jedon

It reads
120/1/800
14 Volts DO
2666 RPM
0.85 PF
0.28 KW
Continuous
something something Radio Equipment
Navy Department Bureau of Ships
Westinghouse
20 amps

mobile_bob

it looks to me like a rather specialized power supply likely for a radio, wherein
it can produce 14volts (likely regulated to 12volts for filament supply) and also 120vac and maybe also 800vac
for plate supplies of vacuum tubes.

at 0.28kwatts, its not very useful in my opinion for anything other than what it was intended for.

bob g

Jedon

Thank you, I guess I'll leave it be even though it looks cool :-)