News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

honda 2000i

Started by tempforce, July 20, 2016, 09:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cujet

Quote from: Henry W on August 07, 2021, 09:07:00 AM
VP Fuels sure makes lots of different blends. Thanks for the info.
I found out I can buy C9 about five miles away. I ask how much and it's $80.35 for 5 gallons.   :o Wow!!!

I don't pay nearly that much. It's available locally at the pump for $8/gal. Keep in mind that the good fuel you can purchase at Homeless Depot and Lowes is $22 per gallon, minimum, and it's not as good.

Quote from: mike90045 on August 08, 2021, 12:15:01 AM
I go to my local airfield and fill up my 5 gallon cans from the aviation gas pump, 100LL works fine in the chainsaws and weed whackers.  They start on the 2nd or 3rd pull after being idle for months ( and yes, I run them dry before storage)  Run it in the 4 cycle gear too, absolutely fine.

100LL is mostly "aviation alkylate and/or reformate. It's a wonderful fuel, often results in a crisp running engine, and also never goes bad. However it will foul sparkplugs and the lead salts do accumulate in the engine oil/muffler etc. Causing an acidic situation with available moisture, resulting in corrosion. The fuel is, in an non technical way, dry, and can affect some carbs and fuel shut off valves, as it will shrink some viton needles in the needle and seat, dry out some diaphragms in small engine carbs and so on. It's a great fuel with a few downsides.