Henry's Direct Injected S195, Belt Drive, ST-12 Gen-Set Test Results

Started by Henry W, October 18, 2009, 02:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Well here are the test results of my Direct Injected S195, Belt Drive, ST-12 Gen-Set.

Equipment used to take readings are as follows:

Fluke 87III True RMS Multimeter
Amprobe Ultra RS-3 clamp on amp meter
Mastercool  infrared thermometer 52224-A

Tests were taken on 10-2-2009 and 10-18-2009

Henry

admin

that is some impressive results if i do say so myself, and as noted by you on the
changfa board, it is probably due to both the added efficiency of the DI engine
and the fact the ST12 is probably more efficient at ~2/3rd capacity than the ST7.5 is
at full load.

now we need you to get a gram scale, and maybe have to talk you into one of the GE
digital kw/hr meters,, then we can get down to brass tacks and very accurate BSFC numbers.

very good i like it.

admin

mobile_bob

personally i think the 195 engine is one of the most underrated and unappreciated engine's around

pound for pound it is probably the most useful engine i have ever been around, even at
the 12hp rating it is capable of doing serious work without a lot of fiddling around.

the few issues it has relate mainly to poor quality radiator/fan/waterpump on those that have them
a missing adel clamp on the oil line to the head, less than top quality head gskts on the idi engine's
(which are adequate for all but very high load excursions) bad fuel tanks and lines, basically
a bunch of stuff that is easy and usually replaced anyway.

yes they are noisey, but that is workable in my opinion
something i would rather work to abate rather than serious flaws typical of some engines that require
all manner of rework to get a useable product.

something i have noticed as well is the fuel economy
they are nothing to write home about at low loads, and don't get into the really good numbers
until they reach ~6kwatt electrical output, about there they are about as good as anything else made
and under certain applications it is my bet that the DI is right up there with the best in class for fuel
economy.

maybe not as sexy as a big double spoked flywheel, but like a woman
all that flash usually doesn't get much work done when the chips are down.

besides ugly girls work harder and need lovin too!

:)

bob g

Henry W

Thanks,

I need to look into getting a G.E. digital kw/hr meter.

Henry