News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Polymerization and the effect of blending on it

Started by Jens, April 16, 2010, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Dualfuel

Hi,
I really like this thread and learned a bit more.... I also got this when I started to write...

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Sorry if I am breaking a taboo but things haven't changed and the info is still good!

I just wanted to add this thought...Oil based paint uses Linseed Oil which is a triglyceride the same as soybean oil. So if you are looking for something that will stop polymerization, and is readily available, try thinking of your fuel as if it were paint, and you wanted to stop it from drying rapidly...
turpentine slows the hardening of paint, so does gasoline. Having the can full and the lid tight slows it too.
I wash my BD in snow and rain water, removing all the soap and methanol, after this the polymerization slows to a standstill. Go to the infopop biodiesel list and read about what Tim C. Cook does with his SVO to treat it...something about Baking Soda...

Anyhow, BPJ