News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Another alternative fuel source...

Started by AdeV, January 27, 2011, 03:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdeV

Last weekend I replaced my old felt roof with a brand spanking new rubber one. Stretchy.

As a result, I've got a bunch of bitumen-impregnated felt left over. I tried burning it in the stove with a load of trash, but it just went out after a while, so I figure I should turn it into Lister fuel. Hey, it's got to be better than WMO, right?

So.... how hot does bitumen need to be before it'll go through the Lister injector?

;D
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

LowGear

Dear AdeV,

I'll have to postpone my thoughts until this thread matures a bit.  My assessment might be way off. 

Casey

veggie

Here in the Alberta tar sands, the bitumen must be thinned with a diluent before it can be pumped down the pipeline.

Suggestion:
- Pour some in your fuel tank
-Heat the tank with a torch.
-Also heat the fuel lines with a torch. (Blue hot)
-Adjust your injector pop pressure from 150 BAR to 300 BAR

If it doesn't ignite in the injector, it should spray adequately to barely run the engine.  ;D

you know I'm kidding right ?  ;)

veggie

BioHazard

What about the ash though? You're going to ruin your engine!  :o
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

cognos

I know it's very technical for those not "skilled in the art" to keep up...

The ash, obviously, will be filtered out by the felt.

A suitable diluent would be vodka. Six mouthfulls per 100 sq. feet of felt should do it.

;D ;D ;D

billswan

My gracious I have been gone all day, I get here and it seems the place is turned up side down?

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

DRDEATH

Ade save it for when I come over. We can just eat it and save the process where it might turn into ash. I would guess a few mouths full of it we would get some sort of BUZZ. Now Casey you can join in. LOL DD
As long as Breast Cancer Kills, I will support the battle. Please help support your local chapters.