machinist handbook 27th edition on pdf

Started by mobile_bob, November 01, 2009, 03:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

very useful reference for anyone with a diy bent

http://www.sportpilot.info/sp/Machinery/

has about everything one would want to know all in one place, things like flywheel concerns, bolt threads, materials
etc etc.

bob g

mobile_bob

i figure everyone should have a hard copy, but perhaps there are a few that don't as of yet
having the link makes it easy to refer to while doing other research online at the very least.

btw the current edition  is about 80 bucks retail these days,

bob g

vdubnut62

Just for the tinkerers, they are indispensable, and the basics don't change a lot.  My Machinery's Handbook is a 1953 model.
Well, it matches all my other old stuff.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mobile_bob

mine is an 11th edition, 1941 copyright

i guess that is what we yanks would call prewar?

bob g

lowspeedlife

your right Bob, 'cause everyone else was at war at that time. Oh & my copy is mid 40's.

ScottR.
Old Iron For A New Age

XYZER

My other collection is Machinery's handbooks...I have a 5th 11th 13th 15th and a 22nd I use at work. They have a lot of reapeat info but if you need some blacksmith or boiler info the early ones have it in them....
Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482