comments or suggestions for the Wind, Solar and Hydro forum

Started by rcavictim, November 04, 2009, 01:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowGear

Whew!

I thought you guys were talking about some sort of sorted activity.

Thanks for the clear and relevant explanation.

Casey

LowGear

Solstice has arrived:

This week is great for checking out where ole sol is finding South and how far the sun travels.

About noon I take a 4" piece of ABS pipe and get centered on the suns rays so the walls don't show in the shadow.  I throw a dial protractor on it and there's the magic number.  I then look for an obvious sight point well beyond the solar collector station and it's done.  I like intellectualism but sometimes a bit of grit under the nails is a whole lot more reliable.

Carlb

I think it would be a great idea.  We have 22.5kw of solar,  2.5kw wind turbine,  2 solar air heaters total about 150 sq/ft,  one parabolic reflcetor water heater 32 sq/ft and 96 sq/ft copper tube/fin water heater.
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

LowGear

I guess I'm still lost.  Are you talking about re-ordering the focuses of the Microcogen site into three sections or starting a new stand alone forum on the web?

glort

Quote from: LowGear on January 06, 2018, 11:21:08 AM
I guess I'm still lost. 

Replying to a 9 year old thread, I'd say being lost is pretty much guaranteed!    ::)

LowGear

Thanks glort,

Now that I know I'm lost maybe I'll find my way back instead of pushing forward.

Aloha,

buickanddeere

Anyone or any company can install and use wind, solar or hydraulic of they want. However don't expect the tax payer and rate payer to subsidize the installation and operation there of.