News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Welcome!

Started by rcavictim, November 04, 2009, 12:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcavictim

Text to follow....
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

rcavictim

Quote from: Jens on November 04, 2009, 01:01:14 PM
Reminds me of a wind farm west of Lethbridge, Alberta. VERY impressive. There was a side road that allowed you to drive right up to them and boy were they huge! You really can't imagine it until you stand at the bottom of one of these.
Lots of wind noise as well.

On the other side of the coin, where this wind farm is located, the wind blows pretty much all the time. I wouldn't want to live there.

Jens

That photo was taken from the elevated service platform of my own DIY wind turbine!  This is a small portion of the approximately 100 turbine strong Melancthon-Grey wind farm near Shelburne, ON. The turbines are 1.5MW.  Huge!  I was planning to explain all this in my introduction post when I have more time.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Fat Charlie

I passed a flatbed once on Rte. 401.  Its cargo was one turbine blade.  I was pulling a camper, so it took a while to pass- long enough to be quite impressed with these turbines.  They're quite something from the next lane.
Belleghuan 10/1
Utterpower PMG
Spare time for the install?  Priceless.
Solar air and hot water are next on the list.

vdubnut62

TVA has a windfarm not too far from where I live here in Tennessee. I rode my ATV up there a few years ago, and they are freakin' huge!
Here is a link where you can get some idea of scale. You know, they are not nearly as quiet as proponents would lead you to believe.

http://www.mensetmanus.net/windpower/construction/construction.shtml

Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

WGB

I have them all around me!
I'm also in a area that if you look at the wind charts say is a poor location!
I'm about done with my turbine.
If you guys want pics of the wind farm going up, or my turbine let me know.

wrightkiller

Pictures please ..... ;D

rcavictim

Fellas,

This is supposed to be a welcome page for this section so to prevent it taking off into a discussion thread I have locked it.

WGB, we would love to learn more about your own turbine project and see pictures of that and also the commercial turbines you have as neighbors.  Please feel free to start a thread.