News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

taco 007?

Started by bschwartz, November 07, 2010, 08:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronmar

Flow switch is a good idea.  I have seen some relitively small ones used in liquid cooled desktop computers that might also work for this...
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

billswan

Quote from: lowspeedlife on November 10, 2010, 09:31:43 PM
Quote from: billswan on November 10, 2010, 05:45:20 PM
Quote from: Ronmar on November 10, 2010, 03:29:42 PM
Quote from: bschwartz on November 10, 2010, 08:43:03 AM
Ronmar,

Looking at your avatar, it shows that your main coolant goes through a heat exchanger.  What happens if your secondary loop stops for some reason?  Do you have another system in place to draw off excess engine heat?

What happens?  Well it overheats of course:)  No alternate cooling system/radiator, it all goes into the heatex and secondary loop.  Here is where an overtemp switch on the side of the head comes into play, just in case...

Guys on my secondary loop I have a flow sensor that senses flow. If the secondary loop stops the sensor breaks a circuit and a murphy switch shuts down my listeroid. The switch is some thing meant for boat engines coolant flow. Found it on ebay.............

Billswan

Hey Bill, got a link to the mfg of the flow switch your are using  ????

Scott R.

I was afraid someone would ask me that! Looked around on ebay last night but could not find it. Will look around some more today maybe can find the paper work........

Ok found a link http://www.boatersworld.com/product/MP80812500.htm?bct=%3Bcisports-and-safety%3Bcialarms-detectors

I put it in the cool side of the loop, the one I got on ebay was nonadjustable but it worked and it cost about the same as the one in the link.............

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

lowspeedlife

Thanks for the link Bill, only 1 inch diameter, does it not restrict the flow of your system too much ?

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

billswan

Quote from: lowspeedlife on November 11, 2010, 12:22:10 PM
Thanks for the link Bill, only 1 inch diameter, does it not restrict the flow of your system too much ?

Scott R.

The sensor is very free flowing, it caused no flow restriction that I noticed.
If you check out the seller you will notice that they sell 2 versions one is adjustable and one is not I have the non adjustable one. The link I supplied is for the adjustable one I believe. Price seems to be the same if I read it correctly.

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure