Changfa S195 Fuel Screw - What is it?

Started by veggie, July 01, 2022, 11:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggie

So, I started to clean up and inspect my recently re-acquired S195 which has been sitting dormant for 8 years. (The engine only has 3 hours on it  :o
I noted an adjustment screw right near the injector pump. My smaller Changfa does not have one.
What is this adjustment, and how does one set it?
See picture

playdiesel

I believe that would be the rack limiter stop, sometimes called the smoke screw. As I remember turning the screw in woukd reduce full rack smoke, out would do the opposite. Both of my 1115 engines have them.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

Henry W

Now this is real strange  :o

At 02:04:09 PM
I posted a comment looking at your attached pic and ask if the device was on the cover plate. Your picture now shows an arrow pointing to the device. My original post disappeared.

Here is what I posted:

Changfa/Redstone/Chinese diesels / Re: Changfa S195 Fuel Screw - ...

Last post by Henry W - Today at 02:04:09 PM

Is it on the cover plate? If it is, it's a fuel limiter. It prevents excessive black smoke from happening when running near or at overload condition. Pretty much an emission device.

Now the Golden Flying Fish had something different in that location. It had a cover plate with a sight hole and fuel prime device. It would operate the fuel pump plunger. It could also lock out the operation of the injector pump.

This confirms that what your engine  has is a fuel limiter device. Not all manufacturers installed them on the S195 engines.

Henry W

I'm surprised it does not have a crimped on cap that prevents tampering.

Tom Reed

Henry your post went to the other thread that Vegie has going.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Henry W

Gee Wizz  :)
I did not know what was happening.
Thanks,

Maybe it was caused by the COVID test. They ruptured my right nostril with the long Q-tip. Just got out of the emergency room. They were afraid that I will bleed to death. It looks like I'll be going to an ear nose and throat doctor.
Want to feel pain that is real different? Find an incompetent nurse to do the test.

A simple office visit turned into some type of Chinese torture. But they could not get anything out of me. Our secrets are still safe. :)

veggie

Wow Henry .... that sucks.   :-\

Bleeding to death through the nose, now there's a new one !  ;D

Henry W

I'll tell you, the pain was so intense that I thought that was it.

Glad to be home. Still in pain. I will most likely need to have surgery. ::)