News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Changfa stub shaft

Started by keith71, December 17, 2021, 12:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith71

Hi, any of you guys seen stub shafts for these types of engines? I have searched and found really nothing. I may have to have one made. I have a little R170 engine. I noticed a member veggie here has one for sale for a 190 I believe, but the bolt pattern is bigger than mine. Do any of you guys make them by any chance. The 3 inch pulley shaft on mine is not good for what I need to do.  I wish they would start building these with a bolt on stub shaft instead of a bolt on pulley. Thanks for your time, Keith.
Kubota D722
10HP Diesel Air cooled 186fa yanmar clone                                                         
12/2   Field Marshall CS Lister clone
 R170 Jiangdong  (needs some work)

Henry W

Is it a 3 bolt or 4 bolt mounted flange?

If it's a three flange, there might be a possibility that a stubshaft from a Kubota EA/EB 300 series engine might be able to be machined to fit.

I do have a drawing from Kubota with the dimensions that I can email to you.

https://www.microcogen.info/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3800.0;attach=7143;image

I am not aware of a stubshaft made for the Chinese R series engines.

At one time the New Haven, East Haven, Hamden, Ansonia, Bridgeport areas had many machine shops in the 1980's. There might still be some around.

There is a possibility that someone here might be able to help you.

Henry

keith71

Hi Henry. It is a 3 bolt flange. the one you show lokks like it is close.
Kubota D722

Henry W

Let me work on getting a picture of the drawing to you.

I do know someone that probably has Kubota stubshafts.

Henry W

Henry W

I'm not sure if you can read it so I sent the picture to you by email.

keith71

I got the picture. Looks like it may work. The first part number anyway.  Let me verify the measurements in the morning to make sure. thank you Henry. I will get back to you . Keith.
Kubota D722

keith71

So is a changa a copy engine of a kubota ea300?
Kubota D722

Henry W

It's a drawing in the Kubota EA300 service manual.

In the detail of flywheel section see if your three bolt holes match, or are close to the dimensions below:

B = 116 DIA. (4.57 DIA.)

The mounting flange on the R170 engine pulley would help you determine if it might possibly work.

Henry W

Quote from: keith71 on December 17, 2021, 07:58:32 PM
I got the picture. Looks like it may work. The first part number anyway.  Let me verify the measurements in the morning to make sure. thank you Henry. I will get back to you . Keith.

Your welcome Keith, I did not see your reply. Hopefully the Kubota stubshaft can be made to work.

playdiesel

Hi, I have shop capibilities to make you a shaft and an R170 that I can measure for fit.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

keith71

Quote from: Henry W on December 17, 2021, 08:29:44 PM
It's a drawing in the Kubota EA300 service manual.

In the detail of flywheel section see if your three bolt holes match, or are close to the dimensions below:

B = 116 DIA. (4.57 DIA.)

The mounting flange on the R170 engine pulley would help you determine if it might possibly work.
Hi Henry, The recess in my flywheel where the pully bolts onto the flywheel is 89mm or3.500 in. Quite a bit smaller that the Kubota recess in the flywheel. Could it be made to work, I am not sure. I will look around for more Kubota shafts to see what else is available. I will look up some part numbers and show you what I come up with. And maybe get your opinion on if it will work.  I think playdiesel has another option that may work. Thanks Henry you are the guru to go to for information. Keith.
Kubota D722

keith71

Quote from: playdiesel on December 18, 2021, 10:20:01 AM
Hi, I have shop capibilities to make you a shaft and an R170 that I can measure for fit.

Hi playdiesel, Thanks for the offer.  are you 38ac on the lister engine forum? This was kind of the way I was leaning of having it made. Especially after I saw the one's veggie had made. They came out really nice. Really I need a simple stub shaft that will bolt on. I think I would need a 1'' shaft and probably can get away without a keyway by using the taper lock pulley system and some Loctite retaining compound . I do not think there would be any slippage once that taper sets down tight and the retaining compound sets up. As long as the shaft is correct dimension and taper lock is correct I have seen no need for a keyway.. Also you having an r170 would really help with the process. If you are interested in a job like this get back to me. Thanks again, Keith.
Kubota D722

playdiesel

Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

Henry W

Quote from: playdiesel on December 18, 2021, 10:20:01 AM

A Thumbs Up,  :)