News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

NM195 runs bad when hot

Started by Tom Reed, April 08, 2021, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Your welcome,

Barbecue Pellets, now that's a good job for that engine. :)

mike90045

Will the pellets be used in the Hopland FD BBQ ?

Tom Reed

Henry, Good call, disconnect the return line from the fuel filter and shortened the hose. The problem is gone. Now the governor is hunting a bit with no load. I'm going to plumb the retrun into the top of the tank because I don't like things going 2 directions at the same time in a hose.

Mike, The Hopland FD doesn't have a big enough pellet BBQ to do 600 meals. I might bring some wine making oak to cook on the big trailer bbq. That's what started the whole thing.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Henry W

Your welcome Tom, some times it's the simple things that are overlooked.
I certainly like your pellet processor.

Your website is a winner! You did great putting it together.

If you would like, feel free to do a write up about your products. In dealers registry.

Henry

Tom Reed

Thanks Henry, That is a hammer mill, turns blocks and strips into sawdust. Here's a video of the pellet mill's first run with the cooler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gEYIJITWyE

What is the dealers registry?
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Henry W

Tom, I've been down for a while. Checking to see how 195 is running.

I see you found the Dealers Registry. Hopefully you will get some hits.

Henry

Tom Reed

Hi Henry, It's running pretty good, although now that that's solved I'm seeing a bit of white smoke at no load. I need to fix the pressure gauge on my pop tester to see if the injector pressure is correct. Now that it's running good, the hammer mill can process about 700 lbs of oak an hour. It can fill that silo in about 4-5 hours.
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Tom Reed

Update to this thread. I had rebuilt the injector with a new nozzle and had not set the pressure. Well I fixed the leak in the pressure gauge on my pop tester and found the pop pressure on the injector to be really low. When the pressure was cranked up to spec the smoking stopped and now she starts easy and runs real clean. So far it's processed tons and tons of oak without a hiccup.
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Henry W

Tom, that's great news. I had a similar problem with a Ford/New Holland 1320 tractor. Hard starting. White smoke and the engine would not run correctly on light load. The tractor was still under warranty and my dealer installed new updated higher pressure injectors and the tractor started and ran better than when I first bought it.
No smoking under normal load either.

Thanks for the update.