Parts Ordering for Chinese Engines

Started by quinnf, February 22, 2012, 12:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbryner

Well, he said he found a good one.  $37 total for sleeve, O-rings, and shipping.   And he had more parts for Changfas available.   I told him to come over to this forum and he might find takers.

I can see how blow-by itself is not that awful, but it's blasting oil all over around the engine, and I'm going to have to keep filling the crankcase after each time.

Marcus
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

Tom Reed

When its blowing the oil out of the crankcase its time to fix it.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Henry W

Tom is correct. One thing you do not want to have is a runaway engine. This can happen with engines where the crankcase is vented in the intake. When the oil is going past the rings causing lots of blowby and than getting sucked in the intake it could cause a run away condition. Do not wait for this to happen.

vdubnut62

Had a runaway like that on an 85 Jetta in a hard curve. I was lucky, at 48hp I was able to kill it with the brakes and not lose it.
 In a stationary application if a fellow wasn't right there and able to plug the intake-- I guess it would scatter bits everywhere?
Maybe the genhead would come apart first? ???
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

veggie

My understanding is that a diesel runnaway occurs when the turbo oil seal leaks sufficient oil into the intake and the engine runs at full speed without throttle control. Theoretically the engine will run this way until it breaks or runs out of oil (or the user stops it).
However, I have never heard of a diesel runaway ocurring from piston ring blowby.
Presumably there is not enough fuel in the blowby mist to power much more than an idle speed ?
I could be wrong, but a blowby runaway does not make sense to me.
Anybody seen one ?

veggie

Hugh Conway

Over-speed caused by blow-by? Not exactly, but.....

I had a problem with my newly acquired Japanese grey market truck. Sometimes it would go into runaway mode for no apparent reason.
I was new to any diesel engines at the time, so asked several mechanics about the cause.........all answers were very costly repairs.
This was a normally aspirated engine BTW. After about the third exciting occurrence, I realized the runaway situations were happening when driving uphill.
The third time I could not shut down. We pulled over and bailed, expecting the thing to blow up, smoke everywhere, couldn't even see the truck.
It eventually stopped on its own. After a cool-down, it restarted, I drove carefully home.
In the end, I discovered someone had replaced the original dipstick with a shorter one from an unknown source. Filling the crankcase to the mark on the wrong dipstick took about 6.5 quarts instead of the designed 4 quart capacity. Drained some oil, never had the problem again in 100K miles. Found a different dipstick and added my own marks.......
Sometimes a simple solution serves, just have to find it!!!

Cheers,
Hugh

JKSON 6/1 Utterpower PMG off grid
Lister SR2 with Newage Stamford 9.4Kw gen.....project
Lister 6/1 Start-o-Matic.........project