Parts Ordering for Chinese Engines

Started by quinnf, February 22, 2012, 12:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnF

Guys;

The people on the Chinese end are the same contacts I used when getting my shipment of engines.  They are very trustworthy and will make sure you get what you need. I recommend them highly, they were invaluable in getting me good quality engines.  Having said that, the usual disclaimer - no relationship through marriage, no baksheesh no nuthin'.........
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

Startomatic

Quote from: ryanw95 on April 17, 2012, 10:31:32 PM
has anyone else ordered or emailed these guys yet? I've emailed them this past Friday. How quick should I expect a response? Maybe I'm just impatient.

Hi Ryan,

together with my partner David in China, i had recently supply a qty of LaiDong engine to John F and the IP to Quinn.

if you need any parts, pls let us know. we will endeavor our best to deliver you the right parts in the most convenience way.

btw, the whole of China will shut down for a week for their May golden week holiday from end April to beginning May. if you need anything urgent, pls let us know.

thks.

ryanw95

Larry, this is the R180 I may need the injector pump for. I'm hoping this pic will give you the info you need to find the parts information.
handfull of horizontal water-cooled Changfa-style motors, in tractor, generators, etc.

Startomatic

Hi Ryan,

got it. shall revert. info pass to Larry.

microcogen posting by default is not viewable in China. the local ISP block it but we manage to get around using google dns.

dave

bschwartz

Is anyone in the US interested in becoming a distributor for these parts?  (Dieselman?)

I was in contact with SW Lee, and he expressed an interest in doing so...

"i am trying to find a reseller in US so that these parts can be shipped in qty and be made readily available."

His contact email is swleepp@gmail.com
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

deeiche

Quote from: bschwartz on December 10, 2012, 08:35:29 AM
Is anyone in the US interested in becoming a distributor for these parts?  (Dieselman?)

I was in contact with SW Lee, and he expressed an interest in doing so...

"i am trying to find a reseller in US so that these parts can be shipped in qty and be made readily available."

His contact email is swleepp@gmail.com

problem is what the Chinese consider "qty"

they probably want to ship a container full of pistons  ;D

mobile_bob

i would be interested, provided the upfront cost is not prohibitive

also i don't want to get involved with "pissing" matches over retail prices
with someone coming to either of our forums complaining that he could buy a
head gasket for 5 bucks less by ordering direct from some other supplier directly.

*  i am using a head gskt only as an example, actually i would not stock head gskts from the oem's, favoring the use of the products of "gaskets to go"

in other words, for me (or anyone that has any business background) to be involved
there would have to be a profit motive, and that profit is based on numerous factors.

most folks understand this, however there are a few that get all twisted up about paying even a 10% markup on a part.

speaking for myself (and i suspect anyone else that might be thinking about doing this), there is no way that i would want to put in even a few hundred dollars of repair parts and then have to deal with complaints on price.

there is a business concept that took me the better part of 20 years of my 36 years in business to fully understand and appreciate.

price has nothing to do with cost!  cost is what a product sells for,  that is what the market will bear. 

if the market will bear 20 bucks for a head gskt, then it makes no difference if i can buy and stock it for 5 bucks.

anyone in business has to pay the price of the product, its shipping, its handling and reshipping, any warranty issues, and get a profit, shrinkage/damaged products, plus a return on the investment of the capital tied up in the venture to start with.

just wanted to state this up front,  no matter who gets into this game, i want it known right up front that i will not tolerate anyone badmouthing a supplier over price of his products...  you have the right to buy or not to buy those products, just as he has the right to sell them to you or anyone for whatever price he feels they are worth.

i know i am preaching to the choir, however over the years i have seen a few members on our forums, taking exception to those that sell products making even a 10% markup.

is it any wonder why there are so few that will get involved with doing this sort of business?

now then having said all that

i would be up for doing parts for the idi and di 195 series, as well as parts for the 1115 and the 175 series.  i have no interest in doing parts for any other engine's, mainly because there are so few of the other engine types in this country.

fwiw
bob g

LincTex

I had a partial order for SWLEE ready in June/July, and the prices were reasonable enough I decided to add more parts to the order... then got busy at work before I could finish it. I have a ZS1110.

If anyone would like to "co-op" with me on a parts order to get the price of shipping lower (if possible) please contact me at: linctexpilot (a.t ) gmail do.t com  and put "Chinese diesel" or "Chang Fa parts" in the subject line. Hopefully we can work something out.
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

Randybee1

What ever happened with this? If I recall there was going to be an order for Redstone parts.

LincTex

Quote from: Randybee1 on August 17, 2014, 07:24:56 AM
What ever happened with this? If I recall there was going to be an order for Redstone parts.

I was always hoping to get a nice big order ready to place.

About a week or so before I was going to place the order I had a huge contract dumped in my lap I had to fulfill.
My ZS1110 has less than .5 hours of running time over the last two years!!
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

mbryner

JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

mobile_bob

just posted on your 195 cylinder problem thread, then read this thread

the ebay seller says he is going to have 195 rebuild kits coming in the end of feb
you might contact him and see if he can get some cylinders or at least one for you?

bob g

mbryner

Thanks mobile_bob.  I posted that exact question to him a little while ago.  :)
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

mbryner

And here's his response:
-----------------------------
hello mbryner

yes I have some sleeves but I do not know if they are good enough to sell,
I will check tomorrow in am,  I have 1 piston but no rings, I have bearings, rod
and main , I have head gasket and gasket set , I have valves both exhaust and intake.
I have camshaft , and injector pump.

Everything else I will get in march, as Chinese new year is the month of February this
year.  I am getting 6 complete sets of overhaul kits.

thanks for looking
fred

- wafw

mobile_bob

i wonder what "good enough to sell" means?

are they rusty?  poor quality? used?

me i would have no problem working with a new rusty sleeve, provided it was surface rust
and not something that has been floating in puget sound for the last decade.

if you find out that he has some sleeves that are just covered with surface rust, i would be up for one or two of them if they are available for a reasonable price... say maybe 20 bucks each?

blowby issues from pitted cylinders, while it can be a problem and make for a smelly operation
there are millions of mid size and hd truck engine's on the road with blowby issues that keep right on hauling the loads and making their owners money. 

some engine  types have what most here would never accept as useable from the gitgo, brand new and fresh out of the box... so i don't get to nutted up over a bit of blowby.

as long as the engine will start reliably, not use more oil than i can keep in the thing from one check interval to the next,,, and keep on running that way... well... there is something to be said for that?

anyway thanks for the ebay link/seller, i will also be checking with him for parts later in march or so to see what comes of it for the 195's

bob g