News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Ontario man turns a bulldozer into a wind turbine

Started by rcavictim, September 26, 2009, 12:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Sorry, was waiting for someone else to step up with this one.

Bulldozer.. .

. ..So in ancient Greek mythology, the Minotaur (or Centaur) was a creature with the head of a bull on the body of a man.

The vertical turbine could sure be the horns...

This creature was lured into a gigantic intricate labyrinth from which escape was impossible...

And the bull is still spinning in the labyrinth looking for an exit.

http://listsoplenty.com image 1 source
http://arizonascorpionchess.com/ image 2 source

rcavictim

Quote from: DanG on April 17, 2011, 02:04:07 PM
Sorry, was waiting for someone else to step up with this one.

Bulldozer.. .

. ..So in ancient Greek mythology, the Minotaur (or Centaur) was a creature with the head of a bull on the body of a man.

The vertical turbine could sure be the horns...

This creature was lured into a gigantic intricate labyrinth from which escape was impossible...

And the bull is still spinning in the labyrinth looking for an exit.

Not mythology Dan.  Those showed up in Ukraine in the abandoned woods after Chernobl and have recently been sighted near the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan.  Thanx for the suggestion but I'm looking for something else.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

veggie

"Big-spinny-noisey-lightbulb-lighting-thingy"

Ohhhh cummon ! ....that's gotta be a winner !  ;D

veggie

mobile_bob

mbryner

My wife and I vote for the "Blowjob".    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Doesn't everyone like.....

Every man will appreciate it... and their women will be relieved...

I better quit now.
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

deeiche

rm /

rcavictim

Been a while since I let you guys know how my Blowjob was going.  Ha Ha! :D

I've gotten the four airfoils to the point of where the sheet metal skin gets riveted on and I have one done but I'm not happy with all the creases I got.  Trouble is my sheet metal is in one continuous length four feet wide and it cannot follow compound curves.  Despite my best effort to get all the ribs lined up this is just impossible to the tolerance that the sheet metal requires to go on smooth.  Anyhow here are a few pictures.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

rcavictim

mike90045

HOLY COW it's big.  no wonder it's taking you forever to do all that work.   Great photos

AdeV

I can't wait to see this thing up & running, it's going to be immense!

RCA - won't the worst of the creases hammer out using hammers/dollies? No-one will begrudge you a few dents & wrinkles once it's up in the air anyway...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Tom Reed

Looks like you may need to cut overlapping pieces and rivet through them to the spars. Or wait for a good blow to stretch the the skin tight. What's your plan???
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

rcavictim

Quote from: Tom on July 24, 2011, 07:40:32 PM
Looks like you may need to cut overlapping pieces and rivet through them to the spars. Or wait for a good blow to stretch the the skin tight. What's your plan???

Tom,

Overlapping pieces with caulking gun adhesive in each splice where the rivets hold the skin to the ribs, that was in fact exactly what I was going to try on the second blade.  I was trying today to get a hold of a local who has a large sheet metal shear and brake in his home workshop.

vdubnut62

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

rcavictim

Well I went and saw the fellow with the big shear and have arranged to do the cutting myself for a small fee.  Now I need to get my **s into gear.  I have not been able to get to work for a week now.  I overdid it in that past heat wave and it shut me down...again.