Previous topic - Next topic

veggie

Henry W

Quote from: rcavictim on April 14, 2011, 03:19:29 PM
Quote from: hwew on April 14, 2011, 01:44:21 PM
Hi RCA,

How about Victor.

Henry

You suggested that already in post #45.  Sorry, doesn't work for me.

Whats wrong with Victor.
It fits with your Fourm Name.

Henry W

If you don't like Victor than how about Nipper. :)

Since 1954, Nipper has stood watch above Broadway, a 25-foot, 4-ton homage to the RCA brand and a seemingly unique part of the Albany landscape.
Every morning driving to work I drove under that Puppy. Let me tell you that was some land mark.

Henry

rcavictim

Oh man.  Can you imagine being the guy who cleaned the droppings off that roof?  :D

Actually my forum name has nothing to do with wind power or tower construction, neither does the Victor or Nipper themes.  I am looking for a name, possibly from ancient mythology, that gives a vision of an invincible machine, or something like a tall ship (wind and sails) made of steel, or perhaps something inkeeping with the green theme of renewable energy, or an incredible achievement in the pursuit of one man's lifelong dreams or contribution to Man's responsible treatment of our environment in the future.

Yesterday I thought of calling it "The Hard Part".  That could be the label of that component in any overall system drawing and I could say, "Gee, I'm so glad the Hard Part is now finished!"  I'm not going to use that but it was part of the thought process.  I also considered the name "Fairweather Friend".  By virtue of it's larger than normal size for a backyard DIY wind turbine it is expected to make more generous output than a normal size backyard DIY wind turbine when the winds are only marginal for wind production.  That is the "fairweather" part and will be most welcomedWhat I'm not looking forward to is the extreme anxiety that will happen every time a storm or extra high winds are happening. i.e in inclement weather, not a friend.

This naming thing is a process.  Performance Yard Art, Model 1.   8)
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

AdeV

How about "Gawdzilla"? Sort of a cross between the exclamation most people will make when seeing it, and it's similarity to a large green Tokyo-terrorising dinosaur...

If you want inspiration from the sea, how about this list of famous clipper ships:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_clipper_ships

Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

SteveU.

Hi RCAV
OK. In your theme, kinnda', how about Paul Bunyan? Mythic, Big, Tall, Strong, un-topple-able, originated from the sea, very natural and an original "Green". Paul for short. Or, "Ho! Ho! Green Giant!" (the green bean vegetable man - not the helicopter) Want something less human? Then maybe Big Babe - for Paul's blue ox companion. Again mythic, Big, Strong, gentle, work forever, an unstoppable original "Green".
Regards
Washington State Steve Unruh

"Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Or do without."
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.

Jedon

Shipo

Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

veggie

Yes, it's big. It's green.....

How about the JOLLY GREEN GIANT !   ;D

veggie

rcavictim

You guys crack me up.  Is this the Forum that 'a funny thing happened on the way to?'  How about Biggus Dickus?  :D  Just kidding, I wouldn't use that name.  It is reserved for polititians and similar scum.

BlowJobTM !  The world's most dreamed about wind turbine.

Tired of paying outrageous power bills?  You need a BlowJobTM !

You can get your best friend a BlowJobTM .  Gift certificates available.

Which is better for you, a vertical axis BlowJobTM  or a horizontal axis BlowJobTM ?  Read our special report.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. :D
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Henry W

How about:

Big Vaner ;D

RogerAS

rcavictim

LowGear

Why does Frankenstein keep coming to mind?  I wonder if they have lightening storms where it lives or not?

Casey

Henry W

Quote from: rcavictim on April 16, 2011, 05:31:20 PM
Quote from: hwew on April 16, 2011, 11:44:34 AM
How about:

Big Vaner ;D

D'earth Vaner

D'earth Vaner, I can go with that.