Pics of a VA barrel needed

Started by Rom, January 12, 2010, 07:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rom

Morning all,

I hope everyone did well over the holidays.

I am looking for a couple pics of a VA cylinder barrel. The part itself would be best.

The engines here have been assembled so I cant get a good shot of one atm.

Many Thanks
Rom
Power Anand 16/2 w/ XZYER's Hollow Dippers, Power Solutions ST-12kw, Simple Centrifuge. Looking for Good 55gal Drums.

potter

Best i have
  Potter

Rom

Potter,

Thats better than best, thank you very much!
Hopefully some good news in the morning... Dun Dun Duuuun.

Rom
Power Anand 16/2 w/ XZYER's Hollow Dippers, Power Solutions ST-12kw, Simple Centrifuge. Looking for Good 55gal Drums.

Rom

Morning,

Well interesting news this morning, being that I need more information about the barrel. More like a blueprint for the thing. Is there a place that someone knows of that would have this info, or will one of my Abaco friends have a junker one that i could borrow to blueprint? Current plan is to find a similar one on the market to replace the VA barrel.

Rom

Chris

Rom,
I will bring one of my older ones to Marsh Harbour and put it on the MOW ferry for you. Reply back with your phone numberor give me a call in the morning. My cell is 477 5155 so we can co-ordinate which ferry.
Do you need any copper gaskets top or bottom for a template?

Chris

Rom

Chris,

if you are able to but the barrel on an early ferry, that would be fantastic. I would love the gaskets if they are available. I would hate to push anything on you, but i am going to Nassau on Abaco Air on their 3pm flight tomorrow. If you could arrange for it to be either on the ferry, OR which I'm sure is easier for you, to drop to Abaco Air, I will try to blueprint it while I'm in Nassau. I say blueprint, but I have never done such an operation before, so its going to be an interesting learning curve.

Leave it where ever its easiest for you, my number is 475-4585, Andrew Cove. I shall pickup whereever, or have someone pick it up if I am not here to do it. I would like to have it so I can send the specs to Mr Atul AQAP, so we can look further into saving a unique Dursley Lister series. I am hoping that it could be an interesting unit for the Indian market, and maybe make a Indian Listeroid VA variant for everyone.

Rom

Chris

Rom Is Norman your dad or grandfather? Norman was my dentists years ago. My brother Larry sold his MGTC to him years ago, We all used to live at Dick's Point in Nassau years ago. Give him mtybest.
Sory about yesterday. I will have the liner with a couple copper gaskets in a box at Abaco Air for you. I will give you a call to confirm that the liner is at Abaco Air.

Chris Roberts