News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Lister model L

Started by donk, February 24, 2013, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donk

I would like to know if any one can help me find out the build date of my engine

It is a model L    engine number    74908     Spec number  83L

6.5 hp    at 500 rpm

If some one can help me I would be very grateful   I have had it for 64 years and used it to pump water  and drive a sawmill  . I am in Australia not to many people know about these old ones.  I think it would have been built between 1920 to 1930

Cheers    Mike   

LowGear

Aloha Donk,

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your engine.

I'd sure like to see a couple of photos.  How big are the bore and stoke?

Casey

donk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EYDfclT7JCk

Hi Casey,  my engine is in pieces at the moment, new rings, bearings etc. the old girl was fairly well worn, but if the link above works my engine is the same as this one.
Hope it comes out looking as good.
Details are 5.5 inch bore,  stroke 6 inch stroke. had to source the new rings from America.
This one is petrol, I take note of your little addendum below your name. I am a diesel fan also even have a diesel car and being a retired farmer here in Oz have owned a few diesel tractors and modern diesel stationary engines. Always on the look out for ancient diesel ones
Kind Regards
Mike

playdiesel

There is a fellow in England named David Edgington that has the records and can date them. Unfortunately I cant find his contact information right at the moment.  I will post it if Peter doesn't do it first ;D
Owning the same L for all those years is really neat!  I have the twin version, model TL that I have owned for three years that was built in 1924.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

donk

Thanks for you interest
Regards
Mike

oiler

Lister Startomatic 6/1 to be restored
Lister D 1937
Lister LT1

donk

Thanks, that is about what I reckoned with my research