Previous topic - Next topic

bobansen

search for item #Item number: 220995574991
Sorry uk site

rcavictim

Quote from: bobansen on April 09, 2012, 06:54:28 AM
search for item #Item number: 220995574991
Sorry uk site

Any of you guys learned to post hotlinks?  They are great time and effort savers.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

vdubnut62

There also is a 12-2 on Ebay currently with less than 2 days to go.  $1526.99 current bid no reserve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290749808169?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

For some reason the high bidder's name seems familiar?

Well I tried, it  worked once then, sadly, it died.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

vdubnut62

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

vdubnut62

Well hell, I guess some of us can't learn nothin'.   :(
PM me I'll be glad to try.

Ron.

rcavictim

Quote from: vdubnut62 on July 30, 2012, 08:54:55 PM
Well hell, I guess some of us can't learn nothin'.   :(
PM me I'll be glad to try.

Ron.

Ron,

You were absolutely square on the ball with this, it was someone else apparently not paying attention creating an announcement leading to the same engine auction already presented which inspired my echo comment.
I truly do not grasp how one can expect to contribute to a thread that one does not bother to read.

deeiche

nope, I was not echoing a previous post.

what I was showing was how you could add a descriptive phrase to a hyperlink

lets see if I can show what I did here, remove all the spaces I added to "u r l" to keep the forum s/w from turning it into a link.

[u r l=http://www.ebay.com/itm/290749808169]12 HP Lister-Type Diesel Engine, Two-Cylinder NO RESERVE[/u r l]

if someone else apparently was not paying attention, shrug.

AdeV

Now now, settle down there ladies, settle down...  ;D

The simplest way to put a URL in a post, is simply to include it with the http:// in front (e.g. http://www.microcogen.info <-- I just typed that)

Or, paste/type in your URL, use your mouse or KB to highlight it, and click the URL button ( ), this puts [u­rl][/url] tags around the URL.

Then, as deeiche says, you can make it "pretty" by doing what he's posted.

HTH, HAND, HANDBAGS.

(sorry, that's an in-joke from a forum I was in years ago. HTH=hope that helps. HAND= have a nice day. HANDBAGS = just a word used for comedic effect after HTH, HAND - in this case, referring to calling you lot "ladies", above. It probably helps if your British...)
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Carlb

Quote from: AdeV on July 31, 2012, 07:53:07 AM
Now now, settle down there ladies, settle down...  ;D

The simplest way to put a URL in a post, is simply to include it with the http:// in front (e.g. http://www.microcogen.info <-- I just typed that)

Or, paste/type in your URL, use your mouse or KB to highlight it, and click the URL button ( ), this puts [u­rl][/url] tags around the URL.

Then, as deeiche says, you can make it "pretty" by doing what he's posted.

HTH, HAND, HANDBAGS.

(sorry, that's an in-joke from a forum I was in years ago. HTH=hope that helps. HAND= have a nice day. HANDBAGS = just a word used for comedic effect after HTH, HAND - in this case, referring to calling you lot "ladies", above. It probably helps if your British...)

Speaking of being British, I am an American and i was just wondering if the opening ceremonies at the Olympics seemed as bizarre to Brits and it did to me? 
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

AdeV

Carl,

It was utterly bonkers, but it mostly makes sense to us. I didn't actually see the ceremony myself, but the bits I've seen are readily explainable.... to another Brit at least.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be delighted to try to interpret; but to attempt to explain the whole thing (especially having not seen it) would be quite tricky.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

mobile_bob

i think we have to bear in mind that the thing was setup to be a theatrical event, and as such one
needs to be there to take it all in, rather than through the lens of a camera, which takes snapshots
out of context of the surroundings.

i was actually quite impressed, and recognized the historical perspective.

actually loved the queen jumping from the helicopter ahead of james bond!  that was priceless!

bob g

vdubnut62

Thanks Gentlemen!  I will try and absorb all this, although I seem to be particularly thick-headed this evening. I will have to practice...a lot.

Ditto on the parachuting Queen!

Off to the Salt Mines.
Ron

rcavictim

Parachuting Queen?  She should have used a golden parachute, ...made out of real gold.