ac2a056 ? worth anything and use

Started by t1mower, January 08, 2012, 11:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t1mower

i have the possibility of picking up (2)   4000011ac2a056 engines   bran new still in crate  been sitting long time   guess its a military spec ?   they say 12hp 3600rpm
can these be govern down to 1800   and what max kw will it handle at 1800

biggest question  what are they worth  each or as a pair !!!

dieselgman

AC2 is a bit rare... can be modified to variable speed but power curve not that great at slower speeds. Offer scrap prices and be safe, is there any competition?

dieselgman
Ford Powerstroke, Caterpillar 3304s, Cummins M11, Too many Listers to count.

t1mower

geeze think rare = scrap  don't sound right to me.   hope someone else can give a real world price.
i'm really looking for a slow speed but i need to really  know what to offer for these as i'll buy and resell.
scrap is a insult to the guy. 

dieselgman

Again... plenty of value to someone wanting air-cooled AND 3600 rpm... scrap value is $250 per and anything up to $750 per unit would be a reasonable offer (If you needed this engine style).

Value is completely relative to supply and demand... in this case RARE is a very bad thing. We buy and sell the old Listers in the hundreds - military AC twins are definitely not sought after. Find exactly the right person and you could ask almost ANY price...

dieselgman

t1mower

now that at least sounds like a real answer to a real question.

so now comes a good one back to ya ?   what would sell me 2 of these for ?   new in crates!

dieselgman

I would recommend you price these at what their true value is to you... the rest is pure speculation. If we had them here, new in crates, we would most likely price them as we do the clone engines - that is calculated from landed cost plus overhead. We pay $250 per engine pretty much sight-unseen, add in shipping and handling, possible long-term storage and our business overhead, right away we have at least triple the original price in them (thus the $750 figure I threw out).

We have zero interest in Petter AC models, but from time-to-time we do special-order parts for a few folks who have these models.

dieselgman

t1mower

Thank you very much!   Now that's good info!