News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

fuel consumption

Started by tomcat109, February 04, 2011, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat109

Hello, have a quick question....Does anyone know what the fuel consumption of an st2, ha2 and sr2.....? and, can they be run on wvo.... any/all info/pics of these engines.......just doin my research.........Thanks..."Stay Safe"...................Mark

AdeV

Can't help with the fuel consumption figures, but this page has an excellent set of pictures of - as far as I can tell - every Lister diesel model ever made. Certainly a help when it comes to ID'ing a mystery engine.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

dieselgman

We have complete technical data for ALL Lister models available... a bit much to post here though. Specific fuel consumption remains very close for all of them. You must first answer the question, "how much horsepower do I need?", and then get on to the question of how much fuel is that going to take in a particular engine model. If there is further interest in the technical data, I can post it in a series perhaps...

dieselgman
Ford Powerstroke, Caterpillar 3304s, Cummins M11, Too many Listers to count.

mobile_bob

if you want to post fuel consumption numbers for the various models, please do so down in the
"white papers" board, it is down toward the bottom of our front page.

i am trying to keep the technical stuff down in that board, so that it is easier to find down the road.

bob g

dieselgman

OK, I'm not certain how much interest there is in the other Lister models though. Eventually, I would think that some of them would be of interest... Natural Gas equipment, already fully developed in 20 and 30 hp engines. Not subject to EPA censure. Probably gets off-topic quickly...

Thanks for your direction regarding "white papers".

dieselgman

tomcat109

Thank you again guys ( for the quick response)............AdeV, I bookmarked that page, it also has cc's, hp at max rpm's, weights, ect.......also thanks to dieselgman and mobile_bob, for steering me to the "white papers"..........Looks like i've got enough to keep me busy for a bit...... winter is going to go by quicker this year!....Later........"Stay Safe"..........Mark

dieselgman

Tomcat,

The most concise document I could find on fuel consumption for the common Listers is now posted in the white papers section. Of course you will need to know horsepower and other details for this info to be of any real use. I have extensive technical libraries for all Lister product so just ask if there is something you need posted.

dieselgman
Diesel Electric

tomcat109

Thanks DG-man....That pretty much answers my question on the st2 and, the hr2, now, if I can get fuel consumption on a roid 8/1,.....pretty sure we can get by with 4.5 kw (peak)and, maybe 3 kw (continuous) approx. 6 hrs a day...would have to get rid of storage electric waterheater and, install on demand lp water heat......still looking into storage of lp (how long will it last) and, storage homebrewed biodiesel......is bio even cost effective?(labor and materials)....want stay with-in the KISS category....Thanks for responding.....helps guide me in the right direction......."Stay Safe"........................Mark

Tom Reed

The LP is good as long as it is still in the tank. I think the jury is out on BioDiesel, I'd hazard a guess to say it won't store as long as pump diesel even with additives.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

dieselgman

I just posted the fuel consumption chart for the CS in the White Papers section... hope this answers your question fully. If not, feel free to query further!

dieselgman

dieselgman

I have also read that the biodiesel will have storage issues... for that matter so does pump diesel fuel because of its tendency to become contaminated with water and grow various kinds of crap you don't want in your fuel system at all. Bottom line, plan on storing only the fuel you need for a relatively short period of time and find ways to replenish on a regular basis. There are also ways of extending storage life, underground tanks, additives and the like.

dieselgman

BioHazard

Quote from: dieselgman on February 04, 2011, 09:30:36 PM
OK, I'm not certain how much interest there is in the other Lister models though. Eventually, I would think that some of them would be of interest... Natural Gas equipment, already fully developed in 20 and 30 hp engines.

I would be really interested in seing some Lister natural gas consumption numbers if you have it.
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

dieselgman

Yes, we have that data as well. Will post soon as I can.

dieselgman

dieselgman

That HR3G natural gas fuel consumption data is now posted in White Papers. Hope that helps Tomcat.

dieselgman