Real listers at auction

Started by flywheel, October 11, 2010, 10:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flywheel

There is a large estate auction here in Illinois next weekend.  Listed are some real Listers and many others, a lifetime of collecting going on the auction block.

Should anyone care to read the sale bill and view the many photos go to www.auctionzip.com, enter auctioneer ID# 14498 at the top right, click on Helmuth estate to view photos and sale bill.

I'm not going, it would be very expensive for me if I did go. 
                                                                                          flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

Geno

wrightkiller

He who dies with the most toys wins ...........   this guy was a winner :o :o

LowGear

WOW!

Am I glad I don't live near this auction.  I'm a recovering auction junkie and latent hoarder.  My blood pressure is already up and the auctioneer hasn't even cleared the mic.  I wonder how much guilt this guy carried with him for letting all this machinery go to Satan's doorstep?

I wonder what those engines were that look like the grandparents to my horizontal Witte?

Good Luck to my Illinois brothers and sisters and be careful out there.

Casey

mobile_bob

after looking through that collection of iron

i feel a lot better about myself!

i don't have the dreaded "iron" disease that bad yet

:)

not yet anyway

bob g

playdiesel

We are 6 hours away and heading out Friday, hope to be able to preview them. Should be well attnded, been advertised all over  the net. Hopefully we will be bring one home with us.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

vdubnut62

I do have the dreaded "Iron Disease" that bad, unfortunately, I also have the poor white trash that is flat broke disease.
Come on Powerball!!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

flywheel

Quote from: playdiesel on October 12, 2010, 06:03:11 PM
We are 6 hours away and heading out Friday, hope to be able to preview them. Should be well attnded, been advertised all over  the net. Hopefully we will be bring one home with us.
[/quote

Its only two hours south of me,  if I went I know my truck would not be large enough!  I'm not going, I'm not going, I'm not going......................................flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

mobile_bob

might as well admit it,,

you're going!

:)

bob g

playdiesel

I am not totaly aware of who is who when talking about those who post both here and on "that other" forum but there is going to be quite a few engine heads there. If any of you go you will know be by my blue ball cap with "CRC" in a circle in white. I am taking enough money to buy the one I want, if someone else goes higher,, they paid too much, LOL
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

AdeV

It's times like this that my bank manager is really pleased that I live thousands of miles away from America....

...and I curse the fact.

I'd love that CS twin....
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

playdiesel

Quote from: AdeV on October 13, 2010, 06:44:16 AM
It's times like this that my bank manager is really pleased that I live thousands of miles away from America....

...and I curse the fact.

I'd love that CS twin....

You guys have all the Listers anyway, stay over there!  LOL
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

d34

I'm 2 hours south of there... If I would have known earlier I could have planned to go... We could have had a small microcogen meet... plus I have the same disease that Ron has, lol 
GM90 6/1 ST5 (ready for emergency)
Changfa ZS1105GNM with 10kw gen head
S195 no gen head
1600 watts of solar panels are now here waiting for install
2635 watts of solar panels, Outback 3648 & 3048 Inverters, MX60, Mate
840Ah (20 hr rate) 48v battery bank & 660Ah (8 hr rate) 48v battery bank

Shipo

Wow this is an  ??? ??? ??? ??? collection of iron....I wondered the history behind of this farmer " collector"...Good luck Flywheel and to all that going but they they are silent!!!!.... if is possible lets us know the outcome.   ;D ;D ;D

Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

playdiesel

Shipo it is my understanding that he was a dealer for Lister and the engines are all trade ins. Most are supposably VERY used, have you ever been around anything Amish have used?  LOL.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate