Started by mobile_bob, September 04, 2012, 04:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

aside for the source being decidedly rightwing
and putting aside the politics for  the moment,
we ought to take a look at what our president has signed
and what it might mean to us.

evidently there is going to be an even greater push for cogeneration
in this country, perhaps we can use this to our advantage.

at the least we ought to be aware of it.

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120904003-obama-green-eo.html

bob g

Frank S

Sorry Bob but I don't see that it is actually geared towards or lays out any proposals of how this order will be carried out

I do read however into the lines if you will Involving an overseer type control
In addition, it directs the Departments of Energy, Commerce, and Agriculture, and the Environmental Protection Agency, to coordinate actions at the Federal level while providing policy and technical assistance to states to promote investments in industrial energy efficiency.  The Executive Order also directs agencies to foster a national dialogue through ongoing regional workshops to encourage the adoption of best practice policies and investment models that overcome barriers to investment, provide public information on the benefits of unlocking investment in industrial energy efficiency, and use existing Federal authorities that can support these investments.
but I haven't found the reference number of the Exec order
some will never escape the confines of the box. I've lived outside of mine for so long that I can no longer even find my box

sailawayrb

Yes, our President has been busy:

http://sierraclub.typepad.com/michaelbrune/2012/08/obamas-greenest-day-fuel-economy-standards.html

Seems like a step in the right direction to me.  Of course, about all he can do these days are executive orders...thanks to the dedication and outstanding efforts of the Republican's to successfully shutdown our government during these last two years.

Bob B.

mobile_bob

just to make sure everyone understands my posting of this topic

i do not want this to be, and will delete the post in its entirety if we go off
in a political direction.

my only point in bringing up this executive order had nothing to do with its origins
or its politics, but rather the fact that there will be more attention given cogeneration
over the next few years.

whether we agree or disagree on the political aspects is for discussion elsewhere, what we
need to remain focused on is what this sort of order, law or whatever means to what we are interested
in,, that being cogeneration.

from my perspective i am all about the promotion of cogeneration, and could really care the less if it came down from a democrat, a republican president of a communist dictator for that matter.

this country is very divided politically these days, no need to divide our membership when we can do
more united when it comes to this topic. 

we can work together and get a lot more done, that we ever will kicking sand in each others faces.

in  closing, i realize i am probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to political debates on forums, we are all adults here and aren't likely to change one another minds on anything that is as important as politics or religion.

so lets keep it on topic, ok?

)group hug(

;)

bob g

LowGear