News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Icy Ball

Started by Tug, February 20, 2010, 11:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

And I thought that I was the only one that remembered one of those weird hot doggers.  You know they might even have caught on it it hadn't been  for the microwave oven becoming affordable.
I think Ronmar is right, the whole world is raising a bunch of wimps.
Gotta be a man to eat an electrocuted dog!
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

cgwymp

We had one of those too.  As I recall, electrocuted dogs tasted awful....
Listeroid 8/1

rl71459

Yes... Nasty Tasting Dogs!.... But VERY fast.

Rob

billswan

Wow where these threads can turn to from a post about old time refrigerators on to electrocuting hot dogs!

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

rbodell

Quote from: cgwymp on February 23, 2010, 04:40:18 PM
I wonder if they would taste better cooked with 220 !!!
I am looking forward to senility,
you meet so many new friends
every day.

rl71459

I vote for 480 volts.... That'll scourch your wiener.

Tug

QuoteWow where these threads can turn to from a post about old time refrigerators on to electrocuting hot dogs!

Probably my fault for just leaving a link and not asking any questions...
I found the icy ball info interesting and simple...dangerous as well...
I saw some free plans online for a doityurself icy ball...but the link is dead now...
cheers
Tug

cgwymp

Quote from: rbodell on February 23, 2010, 06:53:06 PM

Dunno, but I had a chemistry prof who said his dorm was wired with DC, and when he tried it (with a board, a couple of nails and a wire), the dogs tasted even worse -- one end was soapy and the other very acidic!
Listeroid 8/1

rbodell

Quote from: cgwymp on February 24, 2010, 11:09:51 AM
We had one of those too.  As I recall, electrocuted dogs tasted awful....

Dunno, but I had a chemistry prof who said his dorm was wired with DC, and when he tried it (with a board, a couple of nails and a wire), the dogs tasted even worse -- one end was soapy and the other very acidic!
This was your professor and he lived in the dorm? And he thought it was wired with DC? Did you ever think of checking into the accreditation of that school? LOL
every day.

vdubnut62

I LOVE this forum!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Where else could we debate Icy Balls and Scorched Wieners! :o
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rl71459

cgwymp

Quote from: rbodell on February 24, 2010, 11:20:30 AM

This was your professor and he lived in the dorm? And he thought it was wired with DC? Did you ever think of checking into the accreditation of that school? LOL

Heh heh.  :-)  Guess I didn't make myself clear.  Ahem.  I once had a prof who said that, when he was an undergrad and lived in a dorm, etc, etc, etc.   ;-)
Listeroid 8/1

rbodell

Quote from: cgwymp on February 24, 2010, 04:40:34 PM
Quote from: rbodell on February 24, 2010, 11:20:30 AM

Heh heh.  :-)  Guess I didn't make myself clear.  Ahem.  I once had a prof who said that, when he was an undergrad and lived in a dorm, etc, etc, etc.   ;-)

WHEW, you had me scared there for a minute LOL.
every day.

WGB

Looks like the kid is even putting the knife in the hot one, smart kid!

mobile_bob

i remember back in grade school, jr and sr high school being called upon lots of times for electrical issues
everything from soldering speaker wires, to my favorite pulling a broken prong from a plug in out of a wall socket.

funny how the kids and teachers would look at me in awe wondering how i could just grab it and pull it out with my bare
fingers and not get shocked.

geesh, it ain't like i was standing in a puddle of water or something!

i guess learning about completing a circuit with a bobbie pin at 2 was a good education, one would think that would have been
enough to make a kid go into a completely different line of interest, like pottery or glee club

:)

bob g